Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Engineer Bassist
3,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what people think about what's better for interior lighting.
Neon?
Or LED?

·
NUFF SAID
1,497 Posts
depends, like devils_knight said the led's are bright but they focus the light more, and the neons give a nice low glow and the light is nice spread out.

·
Registered
750 Posts
What I like about L.E.D.'s Is they could do patterns with the lighting, If its in a small space its not as noticable but in a bigger span such as under the body it looks nice.

·
Engineer Bassist
3,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ya i think neon would be better interior, i don't want it that bright inside at night. And, also LEDs have hot spots. But they would be better underbody.

·
Registered
241 Posts
i like neon. leds are to focused, a neon tube gives you a nice glow thats leds cant. also i hate how the underbody led kits look when its wet outside or very close up..looks like a bunch of colored dots..the neon will always be a spread out glow.

·
Christopher Pearce
2,542 Posts
I chose to go with neons for the interior. Here is a picture:

·
Christopher Pearce
2,542 Posts
^^^^^can you write up a how-to of how you wired that and what you used? im looking at doing the same type thing.
I hard-wired mine to a constant power source to eliminate having to use the cigarette lighter plug. The lights were hooked up to a pre-existing switch that I had used when I had my underbody kit. I could write a How-To, but I honestly don't know when I'll have the time. The Spring semester starts on Monday, and I need to go refresh myself on how I wired it as well as take pictures. I'll see what I can do.

·
Engineer Bassist
3,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I actually hadn't heard of those as an interior light source... that's cool though. However, my friend with the blue LEDs in his C320, mentioned here earlier, recently finished a "how to" for how he hooked up his lights, its pretty well done, and yea it's for a different car but you can do the same thing basically on ours, it's what I'm doing.... here, check it out if you need
D.I.Y. - Interior Footwell LEDs - MBWorld.org Forums

·
Engineer Bassist
3,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well this is weird. My lights just came in, and they sent me LEDs. The kit is actually worth like $20 more than the neons I bought, so I guess I'll keep them. $20 is worth a little sacrafice.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts