Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
2,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The V-5 G is now cracked open, the input shaft bearing was out. Ive been doing alot of research to find the bearings to replace the bad one with, along with the others just to be safe. From what I have seen most people use the SKF bearings, but what I have been trying to gather is the Part numbers specific for the V-5. Superchargerrebuilds.com did not want to tell me the part numbers lol because they want my money! Well if anyone can chime in here and help me on the new bearings then feel free. Any info will help!

·
NUFF SAID
1,497 Posts
haha i already asked them and they did the same thing to me, now i'm not sure which series there using but if i had to guess i would say vortech probably uses the same size bearings, SKF-6205-ETN9, SKF-6205-2Z are the two part numbers i have for the two bearings, and your going to need these as well 1 Chicago rawhide seal SC/R-6248, 1 Transcom seal TCM-25x40x7tc,
1 Chicago Rawhide Speedi sleeve C/R-99062.

If you get the measurements and call your local applied industrial technologies one of there service reps should be able to get you a part number and quote it.

I did a search and found those part numbers on a third gen camaro/firebird website.

·
NUFF SAID
1,497 Posts
looks like they might be using the v1 because of the size of the motor, vortech should be able to tell you if there the same bearings or not.

·
Banned
2,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
haha i already asked them and they did the same thing to me, now i'm not sure which series there using but if i had to guess i would say vortech probably uses the same size bearings, SKF-6205-ETN9, SKF-6205-2Z are the two part numbers i have for the two bearings, and your going to need these as well 1 Chicago rawhide seal SC/R-6248, 1 Transcom seal TCM-25x40x7tc,
1 Chicago Rawhide Speedi sleeve C/R-99062.

If you get the measurements and call your local applied industrial technologies one of there service reps should be able to get you a part number and quote it.

I did a search and found those part numbers on a third gen camaro/firebird website.
Yeah I have found all the part numbers for the V-1, V-2 rebuild and would like to know if the V-5 is the same ect...

·
Banned
2,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
looks like they might be using the v1 because of the size of the motor, vortech should be able to tell you if there the same bearings or not.
Vortech does not want to tell anyone shit really, they want to have you send it to them and have them fix it for 600+, and I can fix it for 150 or lower!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts