Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched a few different things and nothing yeilded any useful information.
I just had my clutch, flywheel, and slave cylinder replaced.

~~My problem the clutch engages as soon as i let off the clutch even a hair. the clutch pedal has to be slammed to the floor or it wont disengage, also my clutch pedal has about an inch or so freeplay.

I figured it had to do with the new slave and not being right so i told the shop to make sure its the right one, and it was.
now im stumped ( as well as the shop) and have a way too touchy pedal im worried it might wear my new clutch faster.

Any help would be gratefully appreciated.
Thanks.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Mine was the same way. It's because its all new. Drive it about 25 miles and you'll feel it let up a bit. Mine did

same thing happened with mine when i got it replaced about 3 months ago. after awhile it gets better and there wont be anymore free play

·
Waiting to spool
3,237 Posts
Mine was the same way. It's because its all new. Drive it about 25 miles and you'll feel it let up a bit. Mine did
All you did was wear out the clutch pad so that it had more travel... that didn't fix anything really.

You can adjust the pedal throw using the slave cylinder. There's a write up on it in the garage if I remember correctly.

·
Boobs!? WHERE!?!
1,030 Posts
Yeah this problem won't go away after driving it. Pushing the pedal all the way to the floor to disengage it and an inch or so after engaging it is a sure sign of your master or slave cylinder having a problem. I would start with a bleed and then move on to adjustment.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts