Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just finished setting up my new R8 Style lights, using a combination of dual halo projector lights with some flexible waterproof white LED strips, piggybacking both off of the steady power source to the front markers (So they don't turn on and off when my blinker is on).

Let me know what you think :D

PS trying to figure out how to post pics directly on here..? Thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
If you would've gone into the NEW MEMBERS forum first, you would've found the answer:
http://www.club3g.com/forum/new-members-forum/41943-edu-how-post-pictures.html

Secondly, since they are "waterproof" LED strips, I'm assuming you put these on the outside of your headlights? If so - that's stupid.
WOW calm down there turbo don't worry i didn't mount them on the "outside" of my lights so don't get all judgmental about it.

I actually mounted them behind the lip of the aftermarket light so they're behind a lens and on the side they're mounted in the body gap so they're not even noticeable. Those lenses are SEALED can't get into them. Believe me I tried.

And thanks for the link I'm just trying to get used to the forum still, I'll post more pics soon.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Heres a better up close picture. The lights are on in this picture so you can see where the white bulbs are. When they're off you can't see anything at all. There's a lip on the underside of the lens that they sit behind.

·
TxTuning.com
6,811 Posts
I like how you installed this set. A past attempt on the forum left the strip clearly visible and out of place. I probably wouldn't have continued up along the side. Nice to see new attempts though. Good job.

·
Registered
426 Posts
I don't understand this mod. I applaud your attempt but that picture no way looks like the various headlight designs Audi is putting out now. It basically looks like two circular blobs of blue light with two lines of blue light (one a lot brighter than the other).

If you are happy with these, good for you but don't expect anyone to start throwing a ton of comments your way for this. Countryrunner has done this before too but I don't think anyone has actually pulled off the look yet since it would be a lot more different then slapping on some eBay/Autozone/Superbrightled's pre-made strip and calling it a day

·
Premium Member
14,853 Posts
Audi-style LED lights are the new altezzas in my opinion, but my personal taste aside I think you did a great job. Nice to see people still doing new things, don't mind the naysayers :)

·
FearIsTheMindKiller
3,936 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Audi-style LED lights are the new altezzas in my opinion, but my personal taste aside I think you did a great job. Nice to see people still doing new things, don't mind the naysayers :)
Thanks man I appreciate it!

·
Fuck salt.
5,170 Posts
Good job! I'm about to put my custom dual halo's in. Btw, to open the headlights, you heat up the oven to 285, bake them for 6 mins and pry them open. There's a how to. I opened mine, painted them, fixed the cutoff, put in my own halos, and now I'm debating on whether or not to put the LED strip. I'll probably leave it out.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts