Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
6G72_4_LIFE
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Dyno tuned my car the other day and it put down 201 HP and 203 TQ :wiggle: :hspin::wavey:

·
Premium Member
16,710 Posts
Not that I am calling you a liar, but 201whp and 203wftlbs of torque on a Mustang Dyno seem very high for a N/A 3G with only an intake and catback. You should ask the place you went to what kind of correction factor they used to get those numbers.

·
Frank
3,940 Posts
I believe he has a Diamante intake manifold and throttle body. He has a fed spec AND I think he has somewhat of a factory freak. Either way, I believe it.

BTW Jordan, why didnt you go to TPS? Great people there. I've called Japtrix a couple of times and they come off as douchebags.

·
My snail is bigger!
1,154 Posts
That's hard to believe on a Mustang dyno, but nice work regardless.

·
6G72_4_LIFE
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Im cool with Jack up at Japtrix thats the only reason i go there. It is a Factory freak because i used 2 race other 3g's with intake and exhaust when i had just an intake and i would put like 2 cars on them and i have Diamante Intake Manifold but the stock TB i have the Diamante TB but i didnt have the pigtails for it :( But i ported and polished the GT TB and also the lower intake manifold.

I believe he has a Diamante intake manifold and throttle body. He has a fed spec AND I think he has somewhat of a factory freak. Either way, I believe it.

BTW Jordan, why didnt you go to TPS? Great people there. I've called Japtrix a couple of times and they come off as douchebags.

·
6G72_4_LIFE
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Japtrix Racing

That is the dyno i put the numbers down on.

Not that I am calling you a liar, but 201whp and 203wftlbs of torque on a Mustang Dyno seem very high for a N/A 3G with only an intake and catback. You should ask the place you went to what kind of correction factor they used to get those numbers.

·
Premium Member
16,710 Posts
Japtrix Racing

That is the dyno i put the numbers down on.
I know what kind of dyno it is. I am saying, in there software, you can account for things like wind resistance, temperature, humidity, etc. to change numbers. A more impressive number would be how much hp did you pick up over a stock run.

Every dyno is different, and if I wanted to, I could go lay down 250whp on a mustang dyno, but I know it wouldnt be correct. I guess I am just saying its easy to make numbers look how you want them to be, but I show proof in taking a baseline and then showing what you can get it up to.

Regardless, it seems like your on your way to a very nice NA setup.

·
Boosted
3,815 Posts
I know what kind of dyno it is. I am saying, in there software, you can account for things like wind resistance, temperature, humidity, etc. to change numbers. A more impressive number would be how much hp did you pick up over a stock run.

Every dyno is different, and if I wanted to, I could go lay down 250whp on a mustang dyno, but I know it wouldnt be correct. I guess I am just saying its easy to make numbers look how you want them to be, but I show proof in taking a baseline and then showing what you can get it up to.

I KNOW!!!!

I freakin made 220hp/270tq, but because of SAE corrections, it was cold, the dude/machine reduced it to 215hp and 263tq. I guess it can go either way, but this one did it automatically, I think.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I'm going a little off topic here but I did not know there were any 15" rims that could fit with the dual piston calipers.

·
6G72_4_LIFE
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
15's is the smallest u can go i dont have any problems
I'm going a little off topic here but I did not know there were any 15" rims that could fit with the dual piston calipers.

·
6G72_4_LIFE
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I did a few dyno pulls a few months back with just Intake and exhaust and i put down 194 HP and 205 Tq and the dyno does the corrections after every run. This dyno sestion was with Super AFC 2 and the Intake Manifold and tuned to 13.5 A/F believe me i was really suprised i made those numbers. But i also ran 14.5 at 96 with just Intake and Exhaust on stock rims so i guess my car is just a factory freak i dont know how else 2 explain it.

·
02 3.5l GT-T RIP
667 Posts
I did a few dyno pulls a few months back with just Intake and exhaust and i put down 194 HP and 205 Tq and the dyno does the corrections after every run. This dyno sestion was with Super AFC 2 and the Intake Manifold and tuned to 13.5 A/F believe me i was really suprised i made those numbers. But i also ran 14.5 at 96 with just Intake and Exhaust on stock rims so i guess my car is just a factory freak i dont know how else 2 explain it.
Im sorry man, but I knda find it hard to belive that you ran a 14.5 1/4 mile. I did that and I have alot more mods than you do. I went with a bunch of other 3Gs and the closest guy to my time was a full second off. Im sorry man, I just dont see it.

·
Just Married 05-15
1,755 Posts
Im sorry man, but I knda find it hard to belive that you ran a 14.5 1/4 mile. I did that and I have alot more mods than you do. I went with a bunch of other 3Gs and the closest guy to my time was a full second off. Im sorry man, I just dont see it.
There is actually people that have run 14.2 on the 1/4 mile. It is very possible, it just takes a lot of practice and hard work.

·
Just Married 05-15
1,755 Posts
Humm... Dyno corrections shouldn't be required since the equipment should be hot wired to sensors, if not they should have the thermostat and other sensors next to the workstation to input the information.

What are the differences mechanically on the 2000 GT to later models? What are the differences in the 2000 GT ECU maps? I honestly still don't understand how can the 2000 GT make more power than the 01+ cars. I mean I have a theory of why. I know the 00 GT doesn't have the precats, extra o2 sensors and that the ECU ROM maps have some small differences. But it still doesn't add up. Maybe there is something I'm missing. Either way the numbers are still very impressive, did they tune the SAFC?? If so that might be the reason. Sucks that the SAFC tune doesn't last.

·
6G72_4_LIFE
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)

·
New daddy
3,352 Posts
I ran a 14.6 with very minimal mods on my 2000 Fed Spec. However, I did stage as shallow as possible to get somewhat of a run at the light. I now deep stage and currently run about 14.9 to 15.0.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts