Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Appalachian State
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys I am new to these forums, I am normally on the eclipseforums.org but for some reason I can't connect to the site from home. But I need my eclipse talk fix for the day so I have found a new home!! I hope i am welcome. I own a 2001 GT, have owned it fro almost a year. I go to school at Appalachian State University, the one that beat #5 Michigan in football!!!!!!!!! :twothumb:

·
Never say never!
10,837 Posts
I go to school at Appalachian State University, the one that beat #5 Michigan in football!!!!!!!!! :twothumb:
:squintfawk:Yeah I remember you guys. Big Wolverine fan here. You guys started a trend this year that I have never seen before. Teams in the top 5 dropping like flies to unranked teams.:lol: Anyways welcome to the site.:wavey: There is a lot of useful information so make sure to use the Search button.:)

·
Appalachian State
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:squintfawk:Yeah I remember you guys. Big Wolverine fan here. You guys started a trend this year that I have never seen before. Teams in the top 5 dropping like flies to unranked teams.:lol: Anyways welcome to the site.:wavey: There is a lot of useful information so make sure to use the Search button.:)
man it was crazy up here after that, oh man it was like we were in heaven!!

·
Banned
18,282 Posts
Welcome to the site!!

Hey guys I am new to these forums, I am normally on the eclipseforums.org but for some reason I can't connect to the site from home.
Wild guess... you were probably banned from the .org. That tends to happen when someone posts an opinion of business practices of CMF or when someone dislikes something a mod did. Don't take it personal, this place has much more accurate information and much less "rice". :)

·
Appalachian State
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yea definitely, I will get some up later. Right now though all I have is an AEM Short Ram, TYC tails, projector headlights, and a Mr. Grille grill (haha). I will be getting the Greddy Ti-C here in a month or so, and i would like to do headers but, there is no way to make them legal so who knows. I am also wanting t put the 4g GT wheels on it but need to save up alittle more $$ ,you know how that goes, and will probably lower it with some coilovers.

·
Halfway off da hinge
2,277 Posts
Welcome man, I'm from Hollister,**in between Rocky Mount and Roanoke Rapids**

The first site I found was the .org site, but ever since I found the .com, I hardly venture there. Like Hijacker said, you'll find much more accurate info and more people willing to help.

·
BoomGoesTheDynaMitt
7,180 Posts
Welcome to da club! Durham, NC member here.
What makes you think :
...i would like to do headers but, there is no way to make them legal so who knows.
?? I have been running headers for years and have had no issues passing emissions or safety inspections in NC :dunno:

·
Appalachian State
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Welcome to da club! Durham, NC member here.
What makes you think :

?? I have been running headers for years and have had no issues passing emissions or safety inspections in NC :dunno:
really? no codes or anything??? please tell me what headers you have and what you did to make them emissions legal! PLEASE!!! I would be very helpful!! :)

·
BoomGoesTheDynaMitt
7,180 Posts
I am using Ripp's 2005 version full length headers. I haven't done any modifications to them. I have always gone to the same little "hole in the wall" gas/inspection station and they have never said anything about emissions being off. I saw them put the tailpipe sniffer on nthe car so I'm sure they checked. I have no check engine codes/lights.

:edit: I forgot to mention that I am using spark plug nonfoulers on my rear O2 sensors. That is why I am not throwing any SES codes :yesway: Total cost for the mod was about $8 + 30mins of work.

·
Appalachian State
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I am using Ripp's 2005 version full length headers. I haven't done any modifications to them. I have always gone to the same little "hole in the wall" gas/inspection station and they have never said anything about emissions being off. I saw them put the tailpipe sniffer on nthe car so I'm sure they checked. I have no check engine codes/lights.

:edit: I forgot to mention that I am using spark plug nonfoulers on my rear O2 sensors. That is why I am not throwing any SES codes :yesway: Total cost for the mod was about $8 + 30mins of work.
are you using a HFC? Oh and was your car a cali spec of fed spec, because if you get rid of those extra two o2 sensors on the exhaust manifolds, won't that throw a code?

·
Premium Member
16,710 Posts
Welcome :wavey:

·
BoomGoesTheDynaMitt
7,180 Posts
are you using a HFC? Oh and was your car a cali spec of fed spec, because if you get rid of those extra two o2 sensors on the exhaust manifolds, won't that throw a code?
I believe a HFC is included with the Ripp headers. I have not modded that at all. My car is a Cali-spec. I still have both rear O2 sensors installed. Like I said they are just pulled out of the exhaust stream a little because I am using spark plug non-foulers. No codes at all.

·
Boosted
3,815 Posts
I believe a HFC is included with the Ripp headers. I have not modded that at all. My car is a Cali-spec. I still have both rear O2 sensors installed. Like I said they are just pulled out of the exhaust stream a little because I am using spark plug non-foulers. No codes at all.
I have the same thing currently (anti foulers), only I have no cats at all. I plan on getting a high-flow cat installed. I do have zero codes, but want a cat just so I don't get that 10K fine.

·
Appalachian State
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hmm that is awesome thanks for that, i was just worried about getting rid of 2 the o2's. And hopefully I can find me a good "hole in the wall" inspection shop. Also I think I might go with the short instead of the long tube. Ahh i need a better job now. I am getting really excited :fever: hahaha

1 - 20 of 21 Posts