Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
bat mobile
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How's it goin everyone, I am pretty new to this site and have a few questions about it, any advice will be greatly appreciated. I am wondering if this club has any get togethers that involve drives, shows, etc around Oceanside and san Diego area, also, does anyone know how to get your car sponsored? I'm looking to get my car looked at and hopefully sponsored, if anyone knows anyone that can help please let me know, ill rep names and do whatever to my car, as long as it is an improvement. Thank you for reading

·
Registered
230 Posts
what are u doing that you think ull get sponsored? racing, shows?

I know that in the NHRDA to get sponsored you need stickers and you need to race and after that you get a pay out (that's some companies) other comp. require you to have there parts in your car and a sticker. so it all depends on what your doing and what you have.

·
bat mobile
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm trying to race and do shows, but what I have done to my car is minimal, I'm trying to get sponsored so I can get very cheap/ free parts to improve performance and show, and so I can rep the company and get the name out there ya know, if you can shoot me a text 7604583103, let me know who u are and ill call you

·
Devils Advocate
909 Posts
You have to be an established person already. No ones gonna sponsor you because you want to do something, you have to do it yourself and then get sponsored.

·
Registered
230 Posts
You have to be an established person already. No ones gonna sponsor you because you want to do something, you have to do it yourself and then get sponsored.
agreed. that's what I tried to say. you don't get cheap anything until you are established and if your looking to make profit on any of this your sandly mistaken.

·
bat mobile
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yea, I'm not tryin to make a profit, just trying to improve my car and establish a name for myself

·
Devils Advocate
909 Posts
Word, well those are your first steps to gaining sponsorship I would assume. But so you know, theres plenty of people on here with 10-20 grand into their car and I doubt it has gotten them any kind of sponsorship.

·
bat mobile
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
But also some of those people do it for a hobby and just have all kinds of disposable income, maybe they weren't looking to be sponsored, who knows, I just need a start, if anyone's got hooks let me know

·
Registered
126 Posts
sponsorships are a pain in the ass to get... even after running dirt track for 3 years, doing 90% of the work myself, i was lucky to get a napa sponsor and all i got was a 15% discount on parts, and had to put a big ugly sticker on the car (beat up ford tempo with 302) and ive only seen a couple imports sponsored and they are on national circuits. so if you want to stay local build it on your own money, and pitch ideas to local shops to use your car for advertisement.

·
bat mobile
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yea that makes sense, thanks man, iv already got the small stuff in myself, I think the only other things I want to do to it will be a turbo and nitrous, after that ill work on the show aspect

1 - 12 of 12 Posts