Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guy's, I'm looking at an 01 GS with 120k on it for 4k. Auto trans. Not looking for a speed demon or anything like that, just a decent car that will get me around reliable and economically that holds some kind of resale value.

Anything specific to look for on this car? Probalem areas? Basic maintenence can be done at home with hand tools?

Thanks alot guy's, nice Forum BTW, ton of info here.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Basic maintenence is pretty easy, brakes, oil, tranny fluid, etc.

Welcome.

U have an 2004 cobra?
Thanks! So no special tools needed to fill the trans or anything goofy like that?

Yes, I have an 04 Oxford white, 60lb injectors squirt alot of gas lol, need something a little more economical that I won't look like a tool driving (like a Focus or something, lol)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks alot for the link! I'm good on trading, lol. At 18k on the clock, she's in great shape though...

When I drive it tomarrow, are there any problem areas that wouldn't normally be looked at? I've seen on the V6 car's the motor mount's break, trans doesn't shift correctly in sporttronicks mode, etc. Any problems like this I should look for on the GS? or is it just normal wear and tear on these?

·
Lance Corporal
3,953 Posts
At 120K make sure the timing belt has been changed. If it pops you get a new engine.

·
Pandora
864 Posts
At 120K make sure the timing belt has been changed. If it pops you get a new engine.
before 120k its recommended at 60k but will last 100k+ but it shouldnt really be risked. although i waited till 120k. :/

1 - 12 of 12 Posts