Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Are they DDM tuning head lights if so I have the same one and how you make the ring lights work because mine don’t work

·
Registered
3 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok thank you but my headlights are Similar is there more wiring you need to do to get the ring lights working
Do you have wires hanging underneath the headlights? A red and black wire? If so, you could either splice them into the parking lights or do what I did. I spliced the headlights together.. then ran a power cable to the inside of the car to a switch and then from the switch to a relay, to a fuse, then Hooked it up to the positive terminal. I spliced the black wires from the headlights together and ran the black cable to the negative terminal.
See video below.

Attachments

·
Registered
698 Posts
The light output of those headlights is very poor and I have a feeling you will be looking to change them very soon. Depo headlights are the best available.

Also running wires around the hood hinge and through the door jam is not a good idea. Not only does it look awful but you risk broken wires and shorts. If you were to install the relay in the engine bay (possibly behind the driver's headlight) then you could grab 12v+ from the underhood fuse box and a ground from behind the headlight. Then you can have your switch provide ground to the relay to trigger it which gets you down to 1 wire between the switch and relay. You also don't risk electrical shorts if the wire were to break in the door jam. It's not much reconfiguring to do it this way. I can be more specific if you need help.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The light output of those headlights is very poor and I have a feeling you will be looking to change them very soon. Depo headlights are the best available.

Also running wires around the hood hinge and through the door jam is not a good idea. Not only does it look awful but you risk broken wires and shorts. If you were to install the relay in the engine bay (possibly behind the driver's headlight) then you could grab 12v+ from the underhood fuse box and a ground from behind the headlight. Then you can have your switch provide ground to the relay to trigger it which gets you down to 1 wire between the switch and relay. You also don't risk electrical shorts if the wire were to break in the door jam. It's not much reconfiguring to do it this way. I can be more specific if you need help.
I very much appreciate the help. I'm so not an electrician.. but I'm willing to make the necessary changes in order to halt any problems down the road. I would like to change halos for LEDs.. which means I'll have to bake the headlights. 😔
I def would like reconfigure the setup how you're explaining

·
Registered
698 Posts
I very much appreciate the help. I'm so not an electrician.. but I'm willing to make the necessary changes in order to halt any problems down the road. I would like to change halos for LEDs.. which means I'll have to bake the headlights. 😔
I def would like reconfigure the setup how you're explaining
A 4 pin or 5 pin relay will work the same but for simplicity just get a 4 pin. Run a chassis ground wire to one of the posts on your toggle switch and run a wire from the other post of the switch to pin 85 on the relay. Then run a fused 12v+ power wire from the underhood fuse box that goes to both pins 30 and 86 on the relay. The last pin on the relay, pin 87, will run to the red positive wires of the halos. The last step will be grounding the black negative wires of the halos to the chassis.

·
Registered
2004 Eclipse Gs
38 Posts

Can you shoot a link for those headlights?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts