Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

<p>
just got my eclipse in september it was huntington blue since then i put 18 inch rims on it, flowmaster exhaust, painted it black, and added a little tint, love this car

btw its a 2000 eclipse gt got rid of the fogs that come on the gt's tho to make it more stealth also debadged it, idk any input is weclome im 19 i think its a good start i leave for the navy in march

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
haha yea it def. needs a drop but its lower than alot of my friends cars so its alright for now i bought this thing for 7 grand with 26 k miles on it , it sat at the lot forever because it was a huntingtun blue/purple color no one like it so i decided to make it my project car, but its just the beginning, thanks for the fast reply's and comments guys

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks GTS O8, i think i made the right call to go with the black paint job from the huntington blue..my girl wasnt feelin it hah

·
jDm tYt3, y0!
322 Posts
haha yea it def. needs a drop but its lower than alot of my friends cars so its alright for now i bought this thing for 7 grand with 26 k miles on it , it sat at the lot forever because it was a huntingtun blue/purple color no one like it so i decided to make it my project car, but its just the beginning, thanks for the fast reply's and comments guys
Wow, before I bought my 3G, i was ready to do the same thing. Except, it was an 03 GTS 5 spd, which was a horrible faded huntington blue. I was planning on painting it black, the guy wanted 9k for it, it had about 50k miles on it. Instead, I went with my GS because I didn't want the hassle of repainting. I like your car. Its realllly clean. You might want to invest in a drop and a grill kit. Otherwise, I really like it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
cloudwarrior yea i got my paintjob for 320 at maaco best 320 i've ever spent they were havin a half off paint job sale so i jumped on it, as for the drop skunk 2 lowering springs sound good? i found a pair for a decent price, any input is welcome on lowering this 4x4 haha

·
"Suck my unit"
2,927 Posts
cloudwarrior yea i got my paintjob for 320 at maaco best 320 i've ever spent they were havin a half off paint job sale so i jumped on it, as for the drop skunk 2 lowering springs sound good? i found a pair for a decent price, any input is welcome on lowering this 4x4 haha
Which level of paint did you get and where is this Maaco? With Maaco its hit and miss since they are all individually owned. Ive seen great Maaco paint jobs and horrible nightmare ones also.

·
Premium Member
16,710 Posts
One less huntington blue 3g. :sadwavey: Not feeling the Maaco paint job, you can tell they didnt mask stuff off like the front air vent.

·
SPYDEY MF!
5,223 Posts
Nice start man, can't beat that for $7k. I see you are 19, I was 18 when I got mine, so I feel you there (i am 21 now). Its definately a fun car to start off with. Some recommendations is to get some springs/struts, and maybe paint the inside of your fender wells, or possibly just clean them real good so it don't show so bad with the paint being black and the wheels being black. All that dirt makes it look bad (trust me, I have the same problem). I recommend getting a badge for the front, some tint, projectors/corner lights/tail lights and you'll have you a nice little ride.

·
Premium Member
3,084 Posts
Welcome to the club!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
thanks guys for all your input and welcomes, TS127 i got the one under the best package possible there, it turned out great so it def. was not a miss i love the black alot more shiny and black than black 3g 's around my area, oh and masking off front vents? the front vents were taken off before paint
im replacing them with aftermarket grills, oh and Arachno -one of the best 3g's ive seen btw, do i just spray paint the wheel wells because yes it gets dirty alot.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i know i know wheel gap i just dont have a grand to throw down for lowering it, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

·
"Suck my unit"
2,927 Posts
thanks guys for all your input and welcomes, TS127 i got the one under the best package possible there, it turned out great so it def. was not a miss i love the black alot more shiny and black than black 3g 's around my area, oh and masking off front vents? the front vents were taken off before paint
im replacing them with aftermarket grills, oh and Arachno -one of the best 3g's ive seen btw, do i just spray paint the wheel wells because yes it gets dirty alot.
You dont neccessarily have to spray paint them but what I do since I live in road salt hell MI, I clean out all the wheel wells of my cars then apply a rust resistant rubber spray paint. Keeps the road salt away and is reall easy to clean.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts