Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a 10k kit for the eclipse. It was a plug and play kit and comes with a year warrenty. I also bought a set of 2500 yellow bulbs for my fogs for 30 bucks. The HID's where 100 bucks.

Tell me what ya think. The second shot is without the fogs on. The lighting difference is Amazing. And I love them, I get pleanty of compliments with them as well.

·
jDm tYt3, y0!
322 Posts
How's the glare with those? Have you gotten flashed at yet? If I were you, I'd invest in some projectors if you already don't have them, stock chrome headlight housings cause enormous glare and don't project the light correctly.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I bought them in a local group buy, the guy is now going to be getting them in and selling them for 150 bucks. The group buy was basically to spark peoples interest.

The glare is not bad, i havent had any one flash their brights at me, and i have had them in for about a week now. There is a a little rod on top of the bulb that creates the V pattern you see to reduce straight contact into other peoples eye sight.

Regardless, It lights the road up awesome and the way i see it, is that i get blinded by big SUVs from the front and back because their head lights are at my eye level, so if i do alittle blinding myself owell i guess, no different then a big truck or suv

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The yellow fogs I bought from a local tuning shop though. If your interested in a set of these HID's let me know and I will give you a way to contact him

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Regardless, It lights the road up awesome and the way i see it, is that i get blinded by big SUVs from the front and back because their head lights are at my eye level, so if i do alittle blinding myself owell i guess, no different then a big truck or suv
With the bulb range you bought, I'm surprised to hear that you think it lights up the road good...when you get that high up on the spectrum, the visible light is greatly diminished.

As for your justification for blinding other drivers, I'll remember that if I hear that someone was severely injured (or worse) in an accident because they were blinded by a Mitsubishi with bright blue headlights...just because other people don't aim their lights correctly, doesn't mean the right thing to do is just keep passing that along to everyone else...::ghey3:

·
Premium Member
3,400 Posts
Shoulda gotten some projectors first. 10k is too blue for my taste. If you want a brighter yellow for your fogs without having to get another HID kit, you can buy some yellow for light covers. I like how mine came out.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Im sorry to all who are offended. I havent had any issue with people flashing me. I had a friend pass me and say they are bright but not blinding.

I guess I fail. But thats alright my ignorance is bliss and I love how they light up whats in front of me....

What i meant by the blinding comment is the ride height of their vehicle compared to mine but think what you would like.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
What i meant by the blinding comment is the ride height of their vehicle compared to mine but think what you would like.
I understood exactly what you meant by the ride height, as I'm sure most others do...I get blinded by others all the time...try having to drive around with dark tinted windows and tinted glasses because you get migraines from too much light...really, the only time I can take my tinted glasses off is when I'm in the shower or sleeping.

But, just because others may blind me, I'm not going to go around knowing that I may be blinding others and think that I'd be justified because I get blinded...which is worse now that I lowered my car (which is my fault, not the fault of those who blind me)...I just aimed my lights a little lower to be on the safe side (even though it's a little hard to read some street signs at night), but that's the trade off that I decided to make...ignorance is not an excuse for unsafe practices...

·
Christopher Pearce
2,542 Posts
I'd love to see the light output of 10,000K at night in the rain. Also, I agree with the others who have mentioned purchasing some projectors.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts