Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
Zed oh six
6,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my car to Donny at AAI to have my intercooler piping reworked to include a BOV recirculation. Donny did a fantastic job, I must say. I have never seen someone pay so much attentuon to detail in my life. Donny definitely knows whats up when it comes to fabrication.

The BOV recirc is the best thing I have done to this car. The car runs so much better now, and my gas mileage has gotten significantly better. I tested it out and I got 40 more miles to the tank than before. On top of that, the car never falls into a rich condition after a blow-off, which prevents it from running like poop for a second.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
I did that with my old Z24 cavalier, but when I went to race at the track they told me I had to install a kill switch on the bumper in order to be able to run it at the track

·
Registered
35 Posts
how much boost are you running with out a FMIC, I see from the pic that you have a cone filter running to the back?

·
Registered
496 Posts
i see the blow off is going in not being measured by the MAS. No problem there?

from the looks of your pipping I thought u had a SMIC till i saw ur avOtar :nuts:

does ur car run hotter because your FMIC is covering your radiator? :twitch:

·
Kampfbereit
17,854 Posts
6g72 said:
i see the blow off is going in not being measured by the MAS. No problem there?

from the looks of your pipping I thought u had a SMIC till i saw ur avOtar :nuts:

does ur car run hotter because your FMIC is covering your radiator? :twitch:
The air vented by the BOV is what air that has already passed by the MAS into the turbo.

Yes the cars run a tad bit hotter due to the FMIC, I finally experienced that first hand today on my way out to Tampa. Today was the hotest day in months.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Tearstone said:
The air vented by the BOV is what air that has already passed by the MAS into the turbo.

Yes the cars run a tad bit hotter due to the FMIC, I finally experienced that first hand today on my way out to Tampa. Today was the hotest day in months.
yea happened to me yesterday. hottest day of the year so far.. My temp gauge jumped up a bit above the middle, then went back down (i guess the fans went on and the thermostat opened) i guess I need to find a way to circulate air to the radiator.. maybee some sort of scoop on the bottom scooping air inbetween the radiator and the fmic? :twitch:

·
Kampfbereit
17,854 Posts
6g72 said:
yea happened to me yesterday. hottest day of the year so far.. My temp gauge jumped up a bit above the middle, then went back down (i guess the fans went on and the thermostat opened) i guess I need to find a way to circulate air to the radiator.. maybee some sort of scoop on the bottom scooping air inbetween the radiator and the fmic? :twitch:
Good point, because I even have a gap between my FMIC and my radiator which I could do the same. But I also have a restrictive bar + plate oil cooler on the front of my radiator on the passenger side that I need to switch out for a tube + fin style.

1 - 20 of 111 Posts