Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Vicious
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Hey Guys/Gals!
New to the forum! I've been reading this forum for the last month or so getting as much info as I can about my new car :) Anyway, to start off, I'd like to share the story of my trip getting my "new" 04' GTS.

I had a 91 Pontiac Grand Am for about 3 years. Treated me ok, but it was starting to nickle and dime me, just about to turn around to 200k, so I was looking for a new vehicle. Found my baby in Idaho, simultaneously my friend and I think, "ROAD TRIP!!!"

Thinking we're not going to stop, just switch on and off for driving and taking naps, we grab 8 red bulls and head out. Leaving right after we both get off work, around 1 am Friday morning, we bounce. So off we go, in my putt putt car, heading 700 miles out of town. After about 3 hours, we're still on top of the game but we decide we need more caffeine; into the picture comes No Doze. 3 redbulls and 2 no doze for me, 3 redbulls and 4 or 5 no doze for my friend, we're wired.

About half way there, I take a wrong turn, listening to my back seat driver in the middle of an intersection. I make him get out an atlas, to make sure, and sure enough dipshit told me to take the wrong exit (who's the dipshit who followed his directions?) :p So I take the first exit I see, go to make a u-turn and my car dies... Needless to say the fuel system had troubles (I think) and when I whipped around as "fast" as I did (10 mph), the car flooded. After panicking a little, as we were 300 miles out of town, we were able to start it up and go after about 15 minutes.

After a bit later, we're about 2/3 the way there, I wake up from a nap, and I hear a noise. After listening a little, I realize it sounds like we had a new muffler on my car. :scratch: Asking my friend what he thought, he didn't know, so we pull over, and sure enough, there's the muffler, hanging by a clip with one bolt....:facepalm:

Needless to say, we got to the dealer in one piece, minus a muffler (fell off 20 miles before the destination ;)) '04 GTS eclipse, burgundy, and only 38k miles.... let's just say the ride home was more fun and it didn't once cross my mind I wouldn't make it back home.

Anyways, hola and thanks for lettin me join!!!:wavey:

·
Premium Member
3,084 Posts
Welcome!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts