Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
2001 Spyder GT. Koni adjustable shocks. cold air intake, ST sway bar.17X8.5 rims. LED headlights.
Nice to have some better lighting on these cars. I converted mine to LED last year. ...J.D.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
honestly. driving home from work i thought my high beams were on. i need to adjust them a little s
but i鈥檓 inlove with the outcome. only wish is that the halos were a little brighter so they can be seen during the day

Registered
2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder Convertible
Those look great! I considered getting those but decided to refinish my originals and they turned out pretty great, but I havent gotten to drive at night yet so I鈥檒l report back. Mine were really bad. I did the refinish myself with an easy kit off amazon. Took me like an hour鈥 sadly while driving this week I realized I have water all in my driver side. This forum tells me I have a failed gasket around my evap hose since she pours water when sitting idle (so not clogged) but while driving water drives backward into the opening鈥 i鈥檓 not mechanically inclined but cant keep spending this much money on her so going to attempt to fix myself鈥 lots of good tips here and on youtube. Thanks all!! May see me begging for help this weekend. :) Lol
Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Grille Automotive lighting Hood

Registered
2001 Spyder GT
You can fix this by squeezing a thick bead of butyl tape on the inside of the car where the HVAC box drain penetrates the firewall. Or, you can attach some rubber tubing on the rigid tube that extends through the firewall into the engine compartment. Here's some pics of what you're dealing with.

Pull back the carpet and you should see this. The arrow points to where the bottom drain of the HVAC box extends through the firewall. Water blows back in from this point. So you have to seal this up well.
Electrical wiring Gas Auto part Cable Wire

Here's what it looks like when the HVAC box is removed completely. The butyl tape really should be between the bare metal of the firewall and the front side of the circular flange you see in the first picture, above.

Wood Gas Auto part Metal Nut

And here's what the whole AC box looks like. It's possible to put a piece of rubber tubing on the end of this plastic drain, but it's hard to reach. The third picture shows this box from the opposite direction, with a piece of tubing attached. If I were doing this, I'd try to find an ell-shaped piece of tubing. The drain is in the engine compartment near the power steering rack.

Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Hood

Registered
2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder Convertible
These pics are super helpful! How do I know what size tubing to get? I read on here there is a kit from the galant you can use but I dont know where you buy or find such a thing鈥. Can I just go to any auto parts store and they will have the kit?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts