Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
boostin past V8s
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
last month i had a thread to ask a little about nitrous and other parts and ive finally made all my orders out for parts, and they're almost all here and ready to be installed ASAP.

here is the new list in addition to my already installed: V2 cai and custom catback.

TO BE INSTALLED
-RPW 3-1 shortie headers
-NX wet shot kit with 10lb already filled bottle
-6 ZEX spark plugs
-MSD RPM window switch to be set to start spray at ~3,200rpm
-Black SAFC2
-NGK wideband AFR guage
-NX Purge Kit
-EGT and N20 pressure Gauges

DEBATING PARTS?
-(have kyb shocks and skunk 2 coilovers for front and rear) looking for front struts and if theres a coilover adapter for the struts
-Deyeme front and rear mounts
-NX bottle warmer

I'm hoping i can get most if not all parts installed and working by may 27th when Great Lakes Dragaway is having a nitrous brawl and war of the imports on the 28th, probably wont happpen and ill have to wait till end of june for next competition but i can hope. Only shop here is soooo backed up and busy.

You guys think i can throw down some high 13's or most likely low 14's. it a 5spd. and id be running a 50shot at first, I think ill end up keeping it at a 75 shot when all is said and done and im for sure the nitrous is running safe.

Well any input? in the list of what i am putting in am i missing anything thats essential for not exploding my engine? last time i was at the strip i was throwing down mid-high 15's so i really wanna show up and blow the lids off the jack ass honda's :ghey: and stangs that hate on the 3g.:fawk2:

·
Evo IX
1,767 Posts
I suggest a wideband air/fuel. Worth the extra money if your looking for a guarantee on not having to rebuild your engine anytime soon.

·
boostin past V8s
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
TIMAH, yea im pretty sure the EGT gauge will get thrown on there as well, and N20 pressure as well so i can monitor if im empty in the bottle

RYU, the NGK wideband AF ratio gauge and SAFC2 is on the list of parts that im putting in...

·
Evo IX
1,767 Posts
Rebel1088 said:
TIMAH, yea im pretty sure the EGT gauge will get thrown on there as well, and N20 pressure as well so i can monitor if im empty in the bottle

RYU, the NGK wideband AF ratio gauge and SAFC2 is on the list of parts that im putting in...
So it is. :idea:

·
boostin past V8s
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:) its all good bro, ANYONE think the times i posted are attainable with a tuned 75shot? it'd be sweet to get low 13's and win the D class 13.00-13.99

·
Evo IX
1,767 Posts
Rebel1088 said:
:) its all good bro, ANYONE think the times i posted are attainable with a tuned 75shot? it'd be sweet to get low 13's and win the D class 13.00-13.99
Sad to say low 13's are in your dreams with a 75shot of Nitrous. Id say low to mid 14's MAYBE just peaking into a high 13.9x if you get a hell of a good launch.

·
boostin past V8s
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
really? with IHE tuned and a NX WET SHOT not some crap dry shot of zex, im hoping maybe consistant high 13's if i can get rid of wheel hop issues with suspension..... actually now that u tihnk about it thats a little too hopeful, i wont say anything till i get everything on june 12-june16th.... low 14's would be just as good since our competitions are in classes of

fastest 16
12.00-12.99
13.00-13.99
14.00-14.99
and a 15.00 and slower class.

By end of summer im very hopeful that Russ will have an extra 5,000$ in his pocket from me. I'm looking to boost+wet shot. :D

·
Evo IX
1,767 Posts
Rebel1088 said:
really? with IHE tuned and a NX WET SHOT not some crap dry shot of zex, im hoping maybe consistant high 13's if i can get rid of wheel hop issues with suspension..... actually now that u tihnk about it thats a little too hopeful, i wont say anything till i get everything on june 12-june16th.... low 14's would be just as good since our competitions are in classes of

fastest 16
12.00-12.99
13.00-13.99
14.00-14.99
and a 15.00 and slower class.

By end of summer im very hopeful that Russ will have an extra 5,000$ in his pocket from me. I'm looking to boost+wet shot. :D
Think about it. At best the boltons will drop you down to a 14.9 on a very good run. Ontop of that the most a 75shot with consistant good runs will knock you down too 14.1-14.3. If you manage to stick a really good launch on street tires say a low 2.1, which is above average for this car on street tread, that might bring you into the 13.9 or so range.

·
boostin past V8s
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well update.. one week to go till the car's install and tune begins.

Just got the last part shipped in (msd rpm window switch)

AND i just got sponsored by team SCP1 (street car performance) out of Delaware.--40% DISCOUNTS!!! :p--:)

Starting my fulltime summer job in one more week as well so just have to handle the install bill for all of these parts, which by the way is just as much or more than what i spent buying the parts. Then a summer full of hard teenage working so i can talk my sponsor into CP forged pistons and that beautiful side mount intercooled TPS turbo kit. Wish me luck this whole summer ill post back when install is finished and i make a few passes at the track this month.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts