Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

Super Moderator
2001 Spyder GT
Hey JD ... looks like a nice clean car you have there. First let me say Welcome to the site .. I`m surprised no one has welcomed you .. yet after seven days... Keep us informed of what you accomplish.. You kind of look like that guy off the Quaker State Commercial.... 馃榿

Super Moderator
2001 Spyder GT
Old habits die hard so they say. I lost my license 30 years ago for doing stuff like that. Now that I have my license back I refrain from stunt driving.. Your so right J.D that car will get you in trouble..
Yes. Sir. your car is quick like a bunny but I think mine is faster ... I have a cold air intake also but I have all these red hoses ....:p:p:p LOL

Car Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design

Super Moderator
2001 Spyder GT
Speaking of cold air intakes I just picked up an upper intake...complete throttle body and a cold air intake for $100 bucks... It even has the IAC with it as well...
Darn it J.D... Every time I see that pic of you standing with white spyder I think of this guy...
Glasses Product Organ Food Serveware
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Super Moderator
2001 Spyder GT
WOW J.D... I guess you take offense to me saying your picture reminds me of that fellow. It was not meant as an insult... just an observation, and you are right... I guess I see what I want to see.
But for you to come out and say I remind you of the steam cleaner guy.... that Sir is an insult. If I have offended you by my comment I sincerely apologize... I meant no harm..just a statement brother.
If you took offense to my comment you could have said so and I would have apologized...

Super Moderator
2001 Spyder GT
Yeah...back to the chat... I do have to admit I'm a bit jealous of all those bikes. Mine was a Daytona 500... nothing compared to your rides...Mine had a short springer front end and a Harley fat bob short rear fender. It looked something like the bike in this picture that I got off the internet.
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive tire

I traded my bike for a 1975 Chevy DuraVan and made it into a shggin wagon...My dad sold the van while I was in prison for 6 years.

Super Moderator
2001 Spyder GT
I have been working on a Harley for the last week... A friend asked me to build this for him...
This is made out of cardboard. There are 24 parts just to make up one wheel... On a scale of 1 to 10 for difficulty to assemble I rate this a 10. Glad that is over.

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system

Super Moderator
2001 Spyder GT
Could you imagine the drain on the hydro company if everyone had an electric vehicle? It would blow the grid and we would be back in the stone age. Pretty soon everyone will be building the free power unit from a car alternator... Lots of free videos of how to make this on youtube. My friend just built one for recharging car batteries.

Super Moderator
2001 Spyder GT
I am only one week away from bringing my car home from storage...I am very excited, to say the least
I installed the KYB-AGX adjustable struts which have a setting from one to four...I really don't notice much change between these settings. Could be I'm just numb in the butt or using Tein lowering springs may screw up the settings.
I am debating purchasing coil overs but not sure of which set to get. I will do a search here before I ask this question...

Super Moderator
2001 Spyder GT
I can't really say what KYB stands for but I don't like them. I wanted to lower the car and I got the look I want but I guess that comes with a price. I feel everything on the road. Not happy and that is why I'm thinking I should get the coilovers.

Super Moderator
2001 Spyder GT
If you compare the wheel gap on mine to yours J.D you will know why I feel every bump in the road. It's the look I wanted. It's just barely taller than a pop can.

Tire Car Wheel Vehicle Land vehicle

Super Moderator
2001 Spyder GT
Gee... Thanks for the tip J.D. I never thought of that... I will have to order a new set of originals cause I tossed out the old stuff. Thanks again... you may have saved me a ton of grief and money.

Super Moderator
2001 Spyder GT
I understand that @jelazar... but if I get a set of wheel well flares that will close it in somewhat. From what I have read the flares close in the gap but I will continue to search for information before I do anything. Also ...I may cut an inch out of the OEM spring and that will lower it just a touch and in combination with the flare, I believe I'll end up with the look I have now.

Super Moderator
2001 Spyder GT
It,s been many months since I drove my car because it is in storage. I want to bring it home and then we get a big blast of snow again. It rained here for a few days which was perfect because it washed away all the salt. Then the snow came and they talked about more plus colder temperatures. I may have to leave it in storage for one more month. The KYB-AGX struts and Tein s-tech is what I have and you have seen the picture of my ride height. I changed my rebound setting to three as you suggested. If I recall correctly it did help with the speed bumps but on the main road, it seems a bit stiff. Anyways I will have to see and feel what's up when the car comes out of storage. About the fender flares, are you aware of the ones I have added a link to? What is an ST swaybar...Add a link so I can check it out, please.

Super Moderator
2001 Spyder GT
Thanks for the link to that swaybar... Turns out it is from a Canadian website and a lot more money than you thought. I did find the strut tower braces tho and they are not cheap either.

Rectangle Product Font Operating system Screenshot

Super Moderator
2001 Spyder GT
Thank you @Sisyphus58 ... found it and will order when the funds are available. Our Government is returning the money we spent last year renewing our license plates... That means I should be getting a $240 dollar rebate. That should pay for it.

Super Moderator
2001 Spyder GT
Those are facts J.D...There is no way the electrical grid could recharge electric cars the way it is. Imagine everyone in your area charging their cars at the same time. I think we would all be in darkness...

Super Moderator
2001 Spyder GT
I heard from a friend that the hydro company he is dealing with will buy energy from him. He is tied into the grid and any extra solar power he produces feeds back to them and they give a generous benefit.

Super Moderator
2001 Spyder GT
Always nice to be able to do your own work. Save a lot of money that way. As Red Green always says..." If the ladies don't find you hansom as least be handy" Nothing implied here J.D
How did you run the wire or is that a wireless controller.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts