Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 2.4L 5 spd
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey yall. I have a 2000 2.4L GS 5 speed. I bought it back in September of 2019 off a buddy of mine. Had 99k on the clock and now has about 108k. Only issue it had was it needed new brake calipers and tires. Since I bought it, ive replaced the brake booster, master cylinder, calipers, front pads and rotors, all 4 struts, tie rod ends (both sides), new rims and tires, spark plugs, headlights, head unit, and dash. Next on the list is the timing belt. My buddy said he never replaced it while he had the car (had it for at least 5 years before I bought it). Looking for any tips/advice for getting this done. Thanks 馃馃徏

Attachments

Premium Member
2001 Spyder GT
Welcome to the site Sams9823.... Your 2000 GS looks in pretty good shape , low reading on the odometer . Try using the search community with the magnifying glass at the top of the page. I typed in " 2000 GS Timing Belt and it came back with good info that you can read to help you out. Personally ...if I was you I would take it to a Mitsubishi Dealer to have the timing belt done unless you are confident you can do the job yourself. Best of luck Sam ...

Low and Slow.
Welcome. Tearstone.com has the factory service manual. Read the timing belt section carefully. As long as you follow it to a T then you wont have any problems. A few special tools make it a breeze, but they're cheap.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts