Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a new paint job because the factory paint started fading. The wheels came off a Mazda and are 17x6.5 with a 52.5 offset. I needed some new tires really bad and a friend offered to trade me his wheels for my 2 12" audiobahn and audiobahn A1800 and a box.
This...

For this...

The tires are Yokohama es 100 205/50r17 and only have a few miles on them. The center caps had the Mazda emblem on them so I left them off until I have time to take the emblem off and fill/paint the holes. The wheels are not permanent and I've got my eyes on some black 18's w/ a polished lip that I am hoping to have around the end of Jan.
I had to use my sister POS camera so the paint doesn't look as good but I am very pleased. There is a little bit of trash in it thats getting buffed out tomorrow. I should have painted the vents but I have no idea why we didn't but I'll go back and do that later I guess. I realize the car needs to be lowered and that'll come when i get my taxes back and the windows will be tinted after Christmas sometime.

·
Banned
18,282 Posts
I don't know which one popped out at me more.. the faded grey front fake vents or the orange turn signals. I'd suggest replacing out both and you should be all set.

Paint job looks nice from what I can tell in the photos. :)

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
I don't know which one popped out at me more.. the faded grey front fake vents or the orange turn signals. I'd suggest replacing out both and you should be all set.

Paint job looks nice from what I can tell in the photos. :)
:agreed:

The headlights look a little cloudy too...maybe a quicky buffing is in order. The paint and wheels look great! But, unfortunately nice paint and wheels bring out the flaws in the other stuff...overall it looks good though...

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the comments guys. The longer I look at those vents the sooner I want them painted so that will be one of the first things I do tomorrow. The headlights are scratched all up so that will be another thing that gets fixed along with the corners.

·
Christopher Pearce
2,542 Posts
The car looks clean, but it would be much better with smoked corners and the fake vents painted. Also, the wheels aren't too bad, but they are not my taste.

·
20s are bigger!
288 Posts
sell the audiobahn and put it towards those new wheels. then you can get some better stuff later. audiobahn just sucks...especially in that bandpass box

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
sell the audiobahn and put it towards those new wheels. then you can get some better stuff later. audiobahn just sucks...especially in that bandpass box
It was a straight up even trade and for the the box, amp, wires and subs I only paid $140. I think the tires might have 5000 miles on them and run about $120(?) a tire so i definitely came out with the better deal.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I painted the "vents" today and they look 10x better. The only sort of paint I had laying around was some rattle can clear but it still looks better than before IMO.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts