Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i jus replaced the rotors and pads and have done this a 100 times in diffrent cars and SUVs but with the new R1s i went with the cross drilled and slotted rotors but there is an awful squeak that came with them..... any thing that can help would be great thanks :scratch:

·
54,393 Posts
well for one you bought ebay car parts so....

but cover the basics, apply some anti squeal grease or glue to the backs of the pads and make sure you replace the hardware clips and the slides are greased and move correctly.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i didnt know they were an EBAY brand i was just searching diffrent brands on the web and these came up didnt look to bad .... but maybe i was wrong....:dunno: but thanks ill try that

·
Waiting to spool
3,237 Posts

but cover the basics, apply some anti squeal grease or glue to the backs of the pads and make sure you replace the hardware clips and the slides are greased and move correctly.
:agreed:

ALWAYS grease all the brake parts (caliper bolts, pad ends, etc.) and are the pads you bought semi-metallic or ceramic? I'm almost 100% sure you need ceramic pads for ALL drilled/slotted rotors. They squeak if you don't use them.

·
54,393 Posts

ALWAYS grease all the brake parts (caliper bolts, pad ends, etc.) and are the pads you bought semi-metallic or ceramic? I'm almost 100% sure you need ceramic pads for ALL drilled/slotted rotors. They squeak if you don't use them.
you can put whatever pads you want on whatever rotors. any pads can squeak, some just more than others. metallic pads make more noise typically though.

·
Waiting to spool
3,237 Posts
you can put whatever pads you want on whatever rotors. any pads can squeak, some just more than others. metallic pads make more noise typically though.
That's what I meant, with metallics you're almost guaranteed to squeak though.

·
Titanium Spork
9,045 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
yea i have the same rotors on my car and i know some1 who's had the same ebay rotors for 5 years with no problem.Despite what some opinions istead of facts,if you do your reesearch,there are good car parts on ebay..Just grease everything up real nice and your problem will go away..Did u change all 4 rotors or do u have a GS/RS...if so it could just be ur rear brakes/drum

1 - 12 of 12 Posts