Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2000 mitsubishi eclipse rs
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to replace my radiator and all the hoses for it in my 2000 eclipse rs because whoever owned it before me put the wrong one in and now the car is overheating, I've never done this before. Any tips?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Are you sure it's overheating because of the hoses? Unless you can see a hose kinked or collapsed, it a lot of other things can be causing you to overheat.

As far as tips go, be gentle where the upper radiator hose attached to the radiator. It's not uncommon for the OEM radiator to develop a crack where the inlet tube and radiator body connect.

·
Registered
2000 mitsubishi eclipse rs
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are you sure it's overheating because of the hoses? Unless you can see a hose kinked or collapsed, it a lot of other things can be causing you to overheat.

As far as tips go, be gentle where the upper radiator hose attached to the radiator. It's not uncommon for the OEM radiator to develop a crack where the inlet tube and radiator body connect.
Yeah, I need to redo the entire cooling system because half of it doesn't go to the car and the rest is completely messed up

·
Premium Member
2001 Spyder GT
569 Posts
You may be interested in Mishimoto ..............https://www.mishimoto.com/mitsubishi-eclipse-3l-replacement-radiator-2000.html
You can also get your rad hoses from them too ......

1 - 5 of 5 Posts