Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
This is very interesting.
Amazon allows people to sell counterfeit parts. I'm not sure i can trust them anymore.
Thanks for the information.

·
1,130 Posts
This is very interesting.
Amazon allows people to sell counterfeit parts. I'm not sure i can trust them anymore.
Thanks for the information.
Summit racing sells it. I think you stand a pretty good chance of getting a genuine tool from them rather than amazon.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I bought something else to hold the two holes..

I watch someone on youtube changed their pulley with this..

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I found one on Ebay and it's from Taiwan.... it's made of steel but it's tiny..

·
1,130 Posts
I found one on Ebay and it's from Taiwan.... it's made of steel but it's tiny.. View attachment 43079
Of course! Have you seen the size of the pulley it's used on? It only has to span the holes and accept a 1/4" drive socket wrench/breaker bar. Don't torque on it too hard and make sure you keep the pins fully inserted in the pulley when applying force. You'll bend the pins if the tool isn't flush with the pulley.

·
Premium Member
2000 Eclipse GT 5 speed everything is new Custom paint blue black metal flake roof 18" wheels
37 Posts
I was looking at that but it was made of hard plastic which people complaint that they will break.
I'm looking for the metal one.
Thanks.
I just made my own tool I would have to dig it out of my toolbox but it was pretty easy to make.

·
Premium Member
2000 Eclipse GT 5 speed everything is new Custom paint blue black metal flake roof 18" wheels
37 Posts
I just took a a piece of steel around 1/4" or 3/16" steel I would have to dig it out and measure it and a countersunk bolt and a couple of hardened pins I put a inside radius on the steel so it fits around the nut that tightens the pulley and the countersunk bolt goes in the main body of the tool and I have a 9/16" nut so I can use one of my 3/8" drive torque wrenches and a 1/4" drive torque wrench use it on the tool and it works really well every once in a while replace the pins I have been using that tool for years now it works perfectly. If anybody is interested I will get my old behind up and take some pictures and some dimensions if anyone cares.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts