Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
The 11sec club
Joined
·
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well here next springs new setup,
550cc peak hold injectors
AEM peak hold injector driver
Aem twin channel wideband
A map elimanator
Gm maf conversion
3000gt fuel rails
All new 6 an fual lines
V1sc custom build blower
stroker kit from a 3000gt
And a few others
Shoul hit the 500Hp sometime soon i hope.
 

·
Ah yes...
Joined
·
10,964 Posts
V1sc custom build blower- what does this custom build consist of, and you won't be using the V5 blower?

stroker kit from a 3000gt- will this even work, I thought max was 3.2L from teh V6.
link to said stroker kit?

Why go with the 550cc peak and hold and not saturated injectors?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,547 Posts
V1SC:

Maximum airflow: 1,000 CFM *
Maximum boost pressure: 20 PSI *
Maximum impeller speed: 53,000 RPM
Adiabatic efficiency: 75% **

V5G: (ripp's choice)

Maximum airflow: 800 CFM *
Maximum boost pressure: 25 PSI *
Absolute maximum impeller speed: 65,000 RPM
Adiabatic efficiency: 73% **
 

·
Ah yes...
Joined
·
10,964 Posts
Combustible said:
V1SC:

Maximum airflow: 1,000 CFM *
Maximum boost pressure: 20 PSI *
Maximum impeller speed: 53,000 RPM
Adiabatic efficiency: 75% **

V5G: (ripp's choice)

Maximum airflow: 800 CFM *
Maximum boost pressure: 25 PSI *
Absolute maximum impeller speed: 65,000 RPM
Adiabatic efficiency: 73% **
Yes, but he stated custom built... :confused:

Will it bolt up to the RIPP drive shaft?
 

·
The 11sec club
Joined
·
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes it will bolt up tp the drive shaft, the custom built part is that it has different gears in it to allow it to spool up tp 85000 rpms and produce 30+ psi of boost, not saying i'm going to use all of this but the blower should produce 5 psi @ 2700-3000rpms.

The stroker kit is a kit from 3sx performance and will be using eclipse conrods.

Also the reason for peak hold is perfenecne less fuel b ouyncing in the fuel rails and allows better tuning in my app.
 

·
Turbo Buick > you
Joined
·
1,336 Posts
yeh ross is doing the same thing rtspeed...... Im actually probably going with the v-7 blower (1,600cfm 30 psi max). Going with custom RPW Camshafts, RPW valve springs, PP heads, 8.5:1 Pistons, 550cc injectors, 3sx fuel rail, Forged valves, alllllll the goodies.

I was also looking into that stroker kit aswell..... I kinda of wanted to see someone do it first to see how it turned out, however.... i think i can reach 500hp with 2.94L :)
 

·
Turbo Buick > you
Joined
·
1,336 Posts
good thinking batman!!!!! :fever:
 

·
The 11sec club
Joined
·
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
THe v7 is a good choice but there has been some problems that has came up with it,1 the turbine housing is to big and cuase shuttering at low speeds, also the turbine is so big that it plays hell on the bearings, but it what ever you want to see out of the car.

Also the stroker kit is not beening added for more horsepower but that of torque, the more torque fast 1/4 mile speeds. Or as they say.
 

·
Ah yes...
Joined
·
10,964 Posts
rtspeed said:
THe v7 is a good choice but there has been some problems that has came up with it,1 the turbine housing is to big and cuase shuttering at low speeds, also the turbine is so big that it plays hell on the bearings, but it what ever you want to see out of the car.

Also the stroker kit is not beening added for more horsepower but that of torque, the more torque fast 1/4 mile speeds. Or as they say.
Got traction already? :ugh:
 

·
Ah yes...
Joined
·
10,964 Posts
TheFranchise said:
that V7 blower is fn awsome. it'll def give a similar turbo setup a run for money in overall power...
I think 500whp can be reached with a V5G but you will need to really crank the boost. The V7 might be a bit too big for our application, the V1 would seem like a better choice and with said mods that rtspeed it would be awesome.

How much is it to mod the V1SC to 85k rpm and 30psi?
 

·
The 11sec club
Joined
·
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The v1sc with the mods done to it will be about 1750 from my dealer and then the vortech upgrade is about 2-to 6 hundred more, can be done in house at my shop for no fee if you buy the unit from me.
 

·
Ah yes...
Joined
·
10,964 Posts
rtspeed said:
The v1sc with the mods done to it will be about 1750 from my dealer and then the vortech upgrade is about 2-to 6 hundred more, can be done in house at my shop for no fee if you buy the unit from me.
Are there any mods for the V5G blower?

Just wondering, for right now I'll stay on track on doing all mods I want to do without try to buy a new blower, however if I can't reach that, probably and upgrade will be a must. I'll wait to see how your car works out with the new blower :)
 

·
Evo IX
Joined
·
1,767 Posts
Clipse3GT said:
I think 500whp can be reached with a V5G but you will need to really crank the boost.
The V5 will be maxed out LONG before it could push enough air into the engine to produce a 500whp dyno. Perhaps with new cams decent 400hp numbers but definitely not 500.
 

·
Ah yes...
Joined
·
10,964 Posts
ryu said:
The V5 will be maxed out LONG before it could push enough air into the engine to produce a 500whp dyno. Perhaps with new cams decent 400hp numbers but definitely not 500.
The V5G is rated at 575hp max...
 

·
The 11sec club
Joined
·
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
575 max but at 80 percent efficency you'll on see about 460 and then drive train loss and thats what its capible of so figure 410-420.
 

·
Ah yes...
Joined
·
10,964 Posts
rtspeed said:
575 max but at 80 percent efficency you'll on see about 460 and then drive train loss and thats what its capible of so figure 410-420.
Ah I see, is there a way to mod the V5G the same as you plan to mod a V1 for higher psi and rpm's?
 

·
The 11sec club
Joined
·
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
there is a way but i won't recommend it seeing that the bearings inthe v5 are allmost tapped out of rpm speed at 65000, where the v1sc has the ablity to go to 90000.
 

·
Ah yes...
Joined
·
10,964 Posts
rtspeed said:
there is a way but i won't recommend it seeing that the bearings inthe v5 are allmost tapped out of rpm speed at 65000, where the v1sc has the ablity to go to 90000.
Ah, I see. So to reach 500whp, the blower upgrade is a must.
 

·
The 11sec club
Joined
·
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
NO the upgrade is not a must but you would have to top everything out and add some spray and u should be able to hit it.
 
1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Top