Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i want to but all new speakers for my car and a new deck but i dont know what i should get. should i get componet speakers for the front and regualr for the back. i want to unhook the stock amp cause i have to 12" kicker cvrs that i want to hook up. needs some advice im not really trin to go that expensive. just need some in put

·
Shocker Lite
1,990 Posts
First, what are your intended goals for this setup? Are you going for just a general upgrade? focusing on sound quality? or going for all out spl?

Second, what is your budget? There is no use in recommending equipment without knowing your budget.

Third, disconnecting the stock amp has nothing to do with adding a subwoofer setup.

You are correct in assuming that you want components for the front, and coaxials for the rear if you really want them. Honestly you're better off with just a single set of GOOD components up front, installed on mdf baffles, with properly deadened doors. They will make a world of difference and you wont notice the rears not being there, especially when running subwoofers.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
First, what are your intended goals for this setup? Are you going for just a general upgrade? focusing on sound quality? or going for all out spl?

Second, what is your budget? There is no use in recommending equipment without knowing your budget.

Third, disconnecting the stock amp has nothing to do with adding a subwoofer setup.

You are correct in assuming that you want components for the front, and coaxials for the rear if you really want them. Honestly you're better off with just a single set of GOOD components up front, installed on mdf baffles, with properly deadened doors. They will make a world of difference and you wont notice the rears not being there, especially when running subwoofers.
im lookin for sound quality and just the general upgrade with my subs hooked up also budget is prob about 300

G

·
im lookin for sound quality and just the general upgrade with my subs hooked up also budget is prob about 300
$300 for everything? You're gonna have to invest a little more than that. You'll spend that in installation costs if you can't do it by yourself.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i plan on doing it myself i just have to buy the speakers and the deck plus the wiring harness that lets the factory amp run

·
Registered
72 Posts
i recommend you save a lil more and spend between 500-600$ and you cam get somthin decent. the amp and deck is going to kill your budget. i would wait a lil longer.

·
Shocker Lite
1,990 Posts
For an installation kit capable of running two amps (one amp for your subs, one amp for your components) and the harness for the radio you will be spending around $120.. Thats nearly half your budget right there, without a deck, speakers, or an amp for the front stage.

On that budget, you might as well just get the install kits and a deck. Install your new deck and subs and enjoy them while you save for a new front stage.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
For an installation kit capable of running two amps (one amp for your subs, one amp for your components) and the harness for the radio you will be spending around $120.. Thats nearly half your budget right there, without a deck, speakers, or an amp for the front stage.

On that budget, you might as well just get the install kits and a deck. Install your new deck and subs and enjoy them while you save for a new front stage.
where can i find that harness.and what deck would you recomend

1 - 9 of 9 Posts