Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2001 Spyder GT
569 Posts
I also have these light with the led but the headlights are not very bright. I`m okay with the led`s ( using them as day time running lights ) but the headlights themselves are very weak.. Any tips ...

·
Premium Member
2003 GTS Spyder
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I also have these light with the led but the headlights are not very bright. I`m okay with the led`s ( using them as day time running lights ) but the headlights themselves are very weak.. Any tips ...
I find I am turning on the fog lights at night, which helps short distance, but I am probably going to replace these.

·
Premium Member
2001 Spyder GT
569 Posts
Let me re-phrase my question ... is there a brighter bulb I can use other than the OEM... I have read different articles about LED bulbs that you need to add a little box to fix the polarity of voltage but still unsure of what I am reading.. If someone could clarify ...by the way @Scary Larry ... my name is also Larry ...If you know about computers you know the little widgets that come with Windows .. Well I am always making little gadgets so my friends gave me the name Widget...then Widgmaster.... I know..useless knowledge right..;) but were having fun ....

·
Registered
155 Posts
I'm a big fan of projector retrofit lights. They seem just as bright to me as the OEM headlights on modern cars. I got my parts from theretrofitsource.com. I used D2S projectors and 35W HID bulbs.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Let me re-phrase my question ... is there a brighter bulb I can use other than the OEM... I have read different articles about LED bulbs that you need to add a little box to fix the polarity of voltage but still unsure of what I am reading.. If someone could clarify ...by the way @Scary Larry ... my name is also Larry ...If you know about computers you know the little widgets that come with Windows .. Well I am always making little gadgets so my friends gave me the name Widget...then Widgmaster.... I know..useless knowledge right..;) but were having fun ....
You shouldn't need a cambus polarity adapter to use LED bulbs instead of your halogens, which is the easiest "fix" rather than going with HID. There are tons of different LED bulbs that would be brighter than your halogens and are plug-n-play with your stock harness. I had good luck with the Auxito brand, so bright that you'll probably need to adjust your headlights so as not to piss off oncoming drivers. Most of the better LEDs come with heat fans or at least heat sinks, so you may have to modify your rubber caps that seal the bulb to prevent condensation. Because of the heat generated by LED bulbs, it also helps keep the lens clear from condensation. DONT USE any bulb rated more than 55w, though, cause you'll fry your wiring harness.

·
Premium Member
2001 Spyder GT
569 Posts
I checked out the LED`s you guys mentioned and I short circuited the battery in my pacemaker .... Just kidding .. man are those thing expensive...but when you want something you`ll pay... That`s why they call this a sickness...you guys make me sick ....Thank you very much

·
Registered
209 Posts
I checked out the LED`s you guys mentioned and I short circuited the battery in my pacemaker .... Just kidding .. man are those thing expensive...but when you want something you`ll pay... That`s why they call this a sickness...you guys make me sick ....Thank you very much
actually some of the cheaper LEDs are less expensive than the higher priced halogens that I've seen for up to $100/pair.
Also, LEDs are "suppose" to last longer, but that is not always the case in reality, depending on the brand. Too much Chinese crap on the market. I bought some on ebay, claimed to have lifetime warranty, but they ignored my claim when they blew in less than a year. But then again, I've had name brand halogens blow in under a year, too, so I figure that even the cheapest LEDs that don't last more than a year are still better cuz they are brighter than most halogens. I watched one Youtube review of best LEDs and their recommended brand cost $150/pair, but I figure they'd need to last at least five years to be worth buying, right??? And if your running aftermarket headlights, like the Depos that I have, you need four bulbs instead of two. My Depos came with Osram H1 halogens, which aren't as bright but good enough once I adjusted them correctly. Probably will get LEDs for the lowbeams, though, at some point after I check off the higher priorities on my want list of goodies. What I can say is this car is getting way more attention than it deserves, but its fun messing with her!!!

·
Premium Member
2001 Spyder GT
569 Posts
Your right @Sisyphus58 ...there are too many LED lights to chose from... I hear some have a cooling fan but they may not allow fitment of the boot cover .. Can anyone make a suggestion and add a link to what LED`s would make a good set up with the Spec-D lights

1 - 10 of 10 Posts