Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks,

I was looking into buying new springs for my car(2000 GT) because the ride is unbearable now. I believe the springs I have on it now lowers my car 2 inches! I've search for original springs but to no avail! Guess I could try a bit harder! So, I ran into some adjustable ones on ebay: 89-99 MITSUBISHI ECLIPSE BLUE ADJUSTABLE SCALE COILOVER LOWERING SPRINGS KIT | eBay
pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4aba2c7100&vxp=mtr#ht_3191wt_1008 .

I have my concerns, the biggest being the plastic locking perches! I'm wondering would they help or hinder the ride comfort if I set them to be lowered to 1 inch?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My bad... I used the wrong link, but I found some for my car that are pretty much the same! I recently got new struts, so I know that's not the problem! The ride is mostly smooth until I run across bumps. I'm basically wanting a little more comfort while not compromising the style too much. Maybe just an 1 inch drop?

·
Premium Member
4,967 Posts
Probably currently so low that you don't have any suspension travel left. Any bump you hit is going to just bottom things out right away because of that. Yes less lowering would help.

If you have newer struts, good. Get a Pro-Kit or Sportline set and put them on. Cheap, you'll get some lowering, and it won't ride like shit.

·
Fuck salt.
5,170 Posts
Get good springs and kyb agx shocks.

·
EclipseBoy
9 Posts
Need help :( i dot know why but whenever I make a sharp right turn or turn right while going down hill thr right side of my car bottoms out. Assuming my struts are all fuckrd up but I'm not too sure

Sent from my iPod touch using AG Free

1 - 8 of 8 Posts