Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Roth
7,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do the clock speeds make much of a difference though? I know I trust bfg probably too much, but I've never heard of Galaxy before.

·
Registered
13,210 Posts
Do the clock speeds make much of a difference though? I know I trust bfg probably too much, but I've never heard of Galaxy before.
I'd say maybe 5% difference in performance, although any card can be overclocked with Rivatuner. Galaxy isn't big right now, but I notice they do use better voltage regulators and capacitors than other companies. Ed's got two of them in his machine.

·
Roth
7,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Something about that heatsink just doesn't seem right to me. Maybe I'm over analyzing things, but that seems like it's going to generate a much higher localized hot spot in my case.

·
Premium Member
4,967 Posts
I have a GA-P35-DS3R on it's way back to Gigabyte right now. Not sure how much the boards are related but just an FYI. I've always had good luck with their stuff and of course anything can fail, but... If there's more than one rev., make sure to get the later one. If it's just come out, maybe consider something that has been around a while?

·
Appalachian State
1,574 Posts
Wow that is a great price for an 8800 GT. I wish i had some money for that right now! better jump on that

1 - 7 of 7 Posts