Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
freaky-lil-raver
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought new after market tail lights, and I can not figure out why the break lights do not work when the head lights are on, and the ignition is on accessory or on.. .. I am so confused.. head lights off, break lights work.. as soon as I turn the key the tail lights light up like I have the break pressed when I do not.. please send help..

these are the tail lights..

I can send video to show what I mean.. just hoping someone else knows how to fix this.. I am frustrated.. thank you all in advanced..

·
Registered
468 Posts
Is your 3rd brake light coming on at the same time when you have the key on? If yes then you likely have a stuck brake switch. They're very simple to replace.

·
New To Site
38 Posts
This is very odd . The lights should be plug and play . I see the one`s you bought are L.E.D lights . Unplug your tail lights and then check the plugs to see if the power is there . If there is .... then you know it`s not the lights causing your problem . If there is no power from the harness then the lights must be wired wrong causing 12 volts .

·
freaky-lil-raver
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I bought new after market tail lights, and I can not figure out why the break lights do not work when the head lights are on, and the ignition is on accessory or on.. .. I am so confused.. head lights off, break lights work.. as soon as I turn the key the tail lights light up like I have the break pressed when I do not.. please send help..

these are the tail lights..

I can send video to show what I mean.. just hoping someone else knows how to fix this.. I am frustrated.. thank you all in advanced..

already checked the breaks switch. it was our first thought too..

·
freaky-lil-raver
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is very odd . The lights should be plug and play . I see the one`s you bought are L.E.D lights . Unplug your tail lights and then check the plugs to see if the power is there . If there is .... then you know it`s not the lights causing your problem . If there is no power from the harness then the lights must be wired wrong causing 12 volts .
we checked the wiring, all power is there.. I was thinking of replacing the wiring anyway.. but not thinking it will solve the problem..

·
freaky-lil-raver
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Same problem, Even after returning and purchasing different lights. So we are certain its the car and not the Units themselves.
we probed the sockets. and we are getting a 5.29v bleed on the brake light circuit from somewhere when the ignition is turned on. and 14.3v when the pedel is pressed.
Could it be the Ignition cylinder or multi-function switch??
we just put a new brake light switch in tonight so we know that is not the issue.
And BOTH harnesses for the tail lights are new as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts