Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Epic
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hows it going everyone? I'm not EXACTLY a noob, I'm on signed up on the other club 3g site and I've had my 2000 GT for about 4 months now.

Anyway...

I own a 2000 GT 5speed. Here are a few pictures...

Mods thus far... (after pictures)

-AEM intake
-Eibach suppension w/ struts lowering
-Spec 2 Stage Clutch (stock one went out)

Future... (christmas/winter)

-EVO2 exhaust...or another cat-back. Can't decide yet (suggestions would be nice haha)
-Plugs/wires

Next summer...
- 3.5 drop (is it actually well worth it? I've been reading up on that project)
- Turbo
:Most of my research and reading has gone into turbo'ing this car, most say its a waste of time while others love the idea.
I for one NEED boost after having my friends GS-T for so long, but the chances of me finding a car I'd want or be able to buy are quite slim...so the next best option is to turbo what I've got.

Its a great community and I'm hoping you guys can help me out with all the questions I have. SO thanks :bigthumb:

·
Resident Asshole
6,056 Posts
Good luck with the boost dreams. Hopefully you're the exception to the rule and actually go through with your turbo dreams unlike almost every other noob that comes through here. I hope you're ready for a lot of work and spending a lot of money.

·
Epic
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good luck with the boost dreams. Hopefully you're the exception to the rule and actually go through with your turbo dreams unlike almost every other noob that comes through here. I hope you're ready for a lot of work and spending a lot of money.
Well the way I look at it, I just need to learn everything I can. That's my biggest obstacle is knowing EVERYTHING I need to know.

I have some financial aid, being that my gas and insurance is fully covered, so all my pay checks can go toward the car.

I've decided to break it down into a few steps, overall it should take me about a year or a little more...

1. Save up during Fall/Winter/Spring: Bank about $4-6,000
2. Turbo in Summer run at on low boost
3. Work some more... put an extra grand in hopefully
4. Engine rebuild or partial rebuild depending on how much is left by then - Next fall/winter

1 - 15 of 15 Posts