Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
is it that hard or should i just have a shop do it? i've had two 10" subs for over a year but for some reason i thought i had to upgrade my headunit to be able to hook em up.

·
What Speed Limit?
604 Posts
Are you comfortable removing the stereo? Running power/speaker wire? Understand how everything is connected? (ie- red/black/blue wires? high/low level inputs?)

There are 2 basic ways to connect an aftermarket sub system to the stock Infinity system. There is an adapter to run RCA out of the stock head unit/amp. (I think it's a Mitah brand adapter, you can probably search for a link) You can also connect a high to low level converter off of the speakers. This is the traditional way to hook up an amp to a stock system. Some amp may have high-level inputs, do you have an amp yet?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nah. don't have an amp. i wanted to research all this stuff to make sure it was possible to hook up amp/sub. i have subs and in shop at school the teacher is ordering wood for sub boxes so im gunna be making a custom enclosure and everything. i just wanted to figure out how hard it will be. i just finished puttin neon in the car and i've been learnin a little bit about wiring shit up so i figure now's a good time to start learning how to wire up subs/amp so im ready when the time comes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts