Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Unfortunately at the NAFI meet I was a little dissapointed in my car. Ross drove it down as most of you know from Staten Island to meet me and give it to me at the beach. It had some issues that we couldn't resolve on the spot. Long story short the car is running great at this time thanks again to Ross. He overnighted me a new grey box and that has fixed the problem. Apparently when the car was on the dyno it wanted fuel sooner so that was how he set it up however that created a problem with the tps sensor or something ? Now I am running the same tune as Kc2buk and Ross are in their cars and it is amazing.

Currently I am at stage 2.5 and I will go back to stage 3 this weekend but I wanted to put some miles on the car and drive it some before stepping back up. I love that take your breath away feeling the car has with your foot to the floor :jump:

The one thing I am not thrilled with is the exhaust sound but I am going to work on that this week or next hopefully. It kind of has a little bit of that bumble bee sound to it at lower rpm's. I have the new RIPP headers with 2.5" back from there. If there is a dyno at the Mopar Nationals Aug 12-14th in Columbus I will make a few pulls and post them when I am done. I will have a 3" done before the Mopar Nats hopefully ?

·
Got Boost? Me either
5,789 Posts
good to hear :twothumb:

·
Dr 9023G = SCUM
1,447 Posts
Sweet, now it's my turn.

Talked to Ross yesterday. He says so far he hasn't heard any noise from my car. There was definetly something rattling around when I parked it at Neils house. :ugh:

I'll have to call back mid next week for an update on my car.

·
Got Boost? Me either
5,789 Posts
TheFranchise said:
omg its not a negative comment! :twothumb:
no reason to say something negative.

·
Resident Asshole
6,056 Posts
Duhh001 said:
Sweet, now it's my turn.

Talked to Ross yesterday. He says so far he hasn't heard any noise from my car. There was definetly something rattling around when I parked it at Neils house. :ugh:

i can't believe its not making that noise anymore. that car was loud the day we left it at neil's

and back on topic. can't wait to see the car at mopar nats :twothumb:

·
Ripped Evo
1,178 Posts
Duhh001 said:
Sweet, now it's my turn.

True.
Sounds OK,
Don't get it, at all

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I just picked my car up from the exhaust shop and I had the 3" exhaust done from the header collector all the way back with a magnaflow straight through muffler put on since it was the only 3" one they had in stock. It is really loud but it lost some of that buzzing sound. It's a little more throaty but still sounds like a built V6 ???

·
Ripped Evo
1,178 Posts
Duhh001 said:
Sweet, now it's my turn.

Hey Ron the offer is still open for when you come get the car.
You are more then welcome to stay here if you need a place to stay.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Last night I added the smaller shaft pulley making the car a stage 3 once again. and I have to tell you it is AMAZING. Unbelievable power is all I can say. While boosting in 2nd and 3rd gear I want to yell out loud like a roller coaster !

OK that being said here are some dowsides I notice. At highway speeds like 60mph in 5th gear even with the cruise set it kind of has a hesitation in it ? Even under light acceleration it kind of feels jerky a lttlie at lower rpms. Also I now agree with Ross in that the car experiences spark suppression at very high rpms like around 5900up, it kind of has a little blip or cutout right before you hit 6k. Hopefully the new ignition RIPP is having made will resolve this little issue.

I feel like those couple of little issues are something in the tune not being perfect for my car in particular as I am running the same tune as John is ? No worries though as the car is crazy fast and I am happy.

·
Ripped Evo
1,178 Posts
npeifer said:
Last night I added the smaller shaft pulley making the car a stage 3 once again. and I have to tell you it is AMAZING. Unbelievable power is all I can say. While boosting in 2nd and 3rd gear I want to yell out loud like a roller coaster !

OK that being said here are some dowsides I notice. At highway speeds like 60mph in 5th gear even with the cruise set it kind of has a hesitation in it ? Even under light acceleration it kind of feels jerky a lttlie at lower rpms. Also I now agree with Ross in that the car experiences spark suppression at very high rpms like around 5900up, it kind of has a little blip or cutout right before you hit 6k. Hopefully the new ignition RIPP is having made will resolve this little issue.

I feel like those couple of little issues are something in the tune not being perfect for my car in particular as I am running the same tune as John is ? No worries though as the car is crazy fast and I am happy.
Hey that's good to hear Neal but we are not sharing the same tune theses days. I'm actually still running the beta version and it's set to run 300 horse power at stage 2 1/2 and I got a chance to find out today at the race track that it's pretty much right on the money. They put it up on a Dyno and she laid down 307hp / 279 tq at the wheels. I took it for a little toot down the track taking it very easy cause Kris is here and I didn't want to take the chance of breaking anything, so I ran a nice smooth 14.3 at 103. And even taking it easy I couldn't keep from ripping the tires off in 1st and 2nd. So anyway getting back to your tune how is our air/fuel ratio through the band?

I got to tell ya,
It was really nice to just put it up on the dyno that belongs to people that don't know really too much about the car or RIPP and have them tell you that the work on your car was really top notch. The guy told me that it was a true pleasure to put a clean car with good solid mechanics up on his dyno. I'll post up the pictures later and hopefully Kris will get the video posted up. Oh one more thing there was one 4G there today. It was a sporty GT that was not very impressive at all. But that's another story and video. Gotta run keep us posted. John

·
Evo IX
1,767 Posts
Kc2Buk said:
Hey that's good to hear Neal but we are not sharing the same tune theses days. I'm actually still running the beta version and it's set to run 300 horse power at stage 2 1/2 and I got a chance to find out today at the race track that it's pretty much right on the money. They put it up on a Dyno and she laid down 307hp / 279 tq at the wheels. I took it for a little toot down the track taking it very easy cause Kris is here and I didn't want to take the chance of breaking anything, so I ran a nice smooth 14.3 at 103. And even taking it easy I couldn't keep from ripping the tires off in 1st and 2nd. So anyway getting back to your tune how is our air/fuel ratio through the band?

I got to tell ya,
It was really nice to just put it up on the dyno that belongs to people that don't know really too much about the car or RIPP and have them tell you that the work on your car was really top notch. The guy told me that it was a true pleasure to put a clean car with good solid mechanics up on his dyno. I'll post up the pictures later and hopefully Kris will get the video posted up. Oh one more thing there was one 4G there today. It was a sporty GT that was not very impressive at all. But that's another story and video. Gotta run keep us posted. John
That doesnt sound very impressive to me. How much boost were you running?

·
Kampfbereit
17,852 Posts
ryu said:
That doesnt sound very impressive to me. How much boost were you running?
Oh no, please don't get him started. It was so peaceful when he was banned for the past week. Not that I don't disagree with you since LunarEclipse's car (The prototype V6 Turbo Eclipse car) just put down 295whp on 6.5psi of boost on the dyno tonight due to an intercooler modification :lol:

·
Evo IX
1,767 Posts
Tearstone said:
Oh no, please don't get him started. It was so peaceful when he was banned for the past week.
So then maybe will have another weeks worth of peace if he answers my question with his usual crap :twothumb:

·
Evo IX
1,767 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Tearstone said:
Oh no, please don't get him started. It was so peaceful when he was banned for the past week. Not that I don't disagree with you since LunarEclipse's car (The prototype V6 Turbo Eclipse car) just put down 295whp on 6.5psi of boost on the dyno tonight due to an intercooler modification :lol:
It was actually 289 w.h.p. and 295 ft.lbs. @ 6.5 #'s. It wasnt due so much to the different intercooler as it was to the changes in the tune that the intercooler change allowed us to make. The pictures of KC's dyno sheet really tell the true story when you compare it to the turbo sheet. I'll have to get the graph's posted up for comparison. I also have some graphs with some SDS and Turbo runs on the same graph for comparison.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts