Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Big 16G Evo
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Alright. So i've put 15" Audio Bahn in the back, i've put new deck in, racing seats, 4 point harness, shortshifter, cool air intake. NO [email protected]!!!!!

So i go for the fuel upgrade(trying to do my turbo build in sections so it seems like smaller projects as one) I have the tactrix cable, i have ecu flash, i have mitsu logger 1.6, I have the map viewer.......I HAVE NO IDEA WHATS GOING ON...haha.

But I bought the 255 walbro, the 450cc dsm 2g injectors, the resistor pack, the fpr, the fuel rail adapter, etc.... I get no read on my fpr of fuel pressure, but when i remove a hose or something there is definatly pressure.

The car wont start on its own, with ignition, but it i go to pop the clutch it will start. It would start on its own when I had the original settings in the ecuflash for the stock injectors, but I changed it back to that and now it wont start. I changed the settings to some other post I had read...to the stock 450cc 2g injectors, and it wont let me go over 2500 rpms when I push the pedal to the medal. It's not missing out, seems to be running smooth, but it wont idle, wont let me put it in gear with out dieing. IS MY TIMING OFF?

They have like 4 different charts for timing, i know the ecu reads from one, and if its happy sticks to it, then switches around if its not, but CAN ANYONE HELP ME TUNE MY CAR, I DONT WANT TO PAY I DONT HAVE THE MONEY!!!!!!!!

I can add pictures, but I dont really think it can help.

Has anyone gone though this problem too? I've read around everywhere, there isnt really good creditials, they all tell u to keep messing around with it, but my car is 5 miles from home in a parking lot, wont start, and I really need it to run, please help me. I'm desperate. I'VE SEARCH EVERYWHERE , nothing works...... :(

MODS

Fuel
Walbro 255 Fuel Pump *Installed*
Fuel Pressure Regulator *Installed*
450cc Injectors *Installed*

Turbo/Manifold
Big 16g evo Turbo *Installed*
2g Turbo Manifold *Installed*

Exhaust
o2 Housing*Installed*
Evo 8 3" downpipe*Installed*
Custom Downpipe from o2 housing to catback/exhaust*NEED*

Intake
28x6.5x8 Intercooler *Installed*
Intercooling Piping *Installed*
Blow Off Valve *Installed*

Oil/Coolant
Braided Oil feed and return Lines *Installed*
Oil Pan Drilled and Oil return Mountned *Installed*
Oil Sandwich Plate *Installed*
Coolant to Turbo From Throttle Body*Installed*

Gauges/Sensors
Oil Pressure Sensor *Installed*
WideBand o2 sensor *Installed*
Air/Fuel Ratio Gauge *Installed*
Boost Gauge *Installed*
Oil Pressure Gauge *Installed*
Tri Pod *Installed*

Needed
Vacuum Manifold
Custom 2.5" Downpipe

·
Boosted
3,815 Posts
You need to get that Fuel Pressure addressed first. I had a similar problem with my fuel pressure not going over 22psi, and it ended up being a torn rubber grommet during the install. Check that out, and make sure that the fuel pressure gauge is all hooked up correctly, maby even replace it if you don't trust it.

·
Big 16G Evo
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
indeed

I think its my fuel pump...when i turn the key on my car, i dont hear it engaging....it did when I first put it in, hopefully its just a bad relay or i blew a fuse.....:/.

·
Big 16G Evo
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Has anyone done a rom for the 450cc injectors, or can I get some latencies u guys use. I've put in some i've searched on the forum. Just checking what u guys put in, I had it running on the stock injection scaling and latencies and I think this caused my fuel pump to either fry or overheat, or maybe I shorted some wires. I've heard of some roms floating around for the 02 rs, with 440-450cc injectors, even if its for 440's it couldnt be that different.

THANKS FOR ALL HELP + REP TO EVERYONE!

·
Big 16G Evo
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so, I fixed my fuel pressure probllem, car starts on first try. It runs good, but it wont idle, I'm going to mess with the latency and stuff tonight, maybe i'll have it idling tomorrow. I'll get some pics up too.

·
Registered
581 Posts
did you get the latency and voltages right? if so can you post them up

·
Big 16G Evo
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Hey my car is idling with out the new latencies and without changing the scaling, i can definatly tell im not getting full potential out of the engine, but the car is running great, no knock, no missing cylinders. I'm going to finish putting my car back together tomorrow (my seats arent mounted, as well as my subwoofer, and my cd player i put the remote device for the power antena to the amp, so the subs only turn on with the tuner, so im going to swith that, its the blue white wire, not the blue wire ;). Best Buy helped me figure that out. And a few more minor alterations, but shes running great and everything went swell. I'll get back to you on the latencies asap. Probably by next tuesday by the latest cause I have a date. I'm suppose to go play golf so I might not get around to messing with the latencies until monday. But heres some pictures :).

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
that engine bay is freakin' chaotic dude.

·
Big 16G Evo
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah, the wiring and such from my injectors does make it appear really fucked up.....I'll clean it up a bit too and post more pics, I should be doing the turbo install over xmas, for some reason my fmic and my down pipe were lost in the mail so it seems im going to have to buy a new one...

·
Big 16G Evo
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
SOOOO....Update 12-6-7

2 of my injectors were leaking, they had bad o-rings, so i replaced them with the ones off my oem injectors, and refitted them in, they worked like a charm. I fried my wire going to my amp, so i had to get a bigger gadge wire, and now thats fixed.

I have the fuel rail adapter from tear stone, and that part that i thread into it still is having problem, I put a bunch of teflon tape, and screw it on tight as hell, but it still seems to leak just a little. Its good for now, anyone know a fix for this? Prob the gas is eating the tape....but...

The engine is working alright, no knocks, or ticks. Still am not getting full potiential in the power department. I have the stock 450cc injectors off the 2g i believe. So i set the settings to the stock 2g settings which are....

stock injector latency settings for 450cc injector on a 2g
18.7v .456
16.35v .552
14.0v .648
11.68v .840
9.34v 1.152
7.0v 2.112
4.7v 4.056

and I scaled them to 412. I heard its better to scale them below. Until I get my intercooler and downpipe(which are lost in the mail :/) ordered them 3 months ago....My turbo install is still on hold. I plan on putting my gadges on which I got a boost/f/a ratio/and a oil pressure, The oil pressure seems its going to be the toughest, since i have to buy an additional part to put that on. Got my racing seats mounted, with the wrong brackets. I'll put some pictures up tomorrow.

-B

·
Big 16G Evo
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
long time

long time no update.

Well this weekend I started the install. I mounted the intercooler to the front, drilled a hole in my oil pan, and tapped it, if it leaks i'll probably jb weld it. Ran the oil feed line, from the sandwich plate. Now i need to figure out how to run the water cooling, and the water return. I also ran all the gauges, ripped out all the cool air intake and such. I have a universal intercooling piping kit, so thats going to be a bitch. I also bought a evo 8 downpipe, which someone had told me we could use on our cars, but he is completely wrong, cause thats like a 3.4" and ours is a 2.5". I still need to find a good way to bend the ac lines, and to get a down pipe fitted. That seems to be the big snags right now. Anyone got pics of their water lines, i didnt see any anywhere.

Advice is helpful, hopefully i can get some pictures tomorrow.

You guys are great.

·
Registered
629 Posts
How are you going about cutting the intercooler piping? If your poor like me you can get one of these......

and for about $20 bucks, you can get your universal piping cut to length with perfectly straight cuts everytime!

·
Big 16G Evo
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I think you run the water lines off the tb. It doesnt matter which hose you use for return and feed.
How are you going about cutting the intercooler piping? If your poor like me you can get one of these......

and for about $20 bucks, you can get your universal piping cut to length with perfectly straight cuts everytime!
YOU SIR ARE A genious, i never even thought of that shit. def going to buy from the department store tonight, proabbly home depot. +rep

Hope it goes well man. Good luck with the rest of your build.
I was going to run a t-line so i hope it doesnt matter which, its presurrized so it should work.

From head to the tb, to the turbo, back to the head.

Do u have to get a speacil adapter from the throttle body or just get a double sided 3/8" connector with hose clamps, thats probably what i'll do.

Cut the hose to the throttle body, insert 2 straight connectors, run to the turbo, then connect the hose from the turbo with a straight conntor back to the head. eh?

I don't know if i have the proper bolts to the turbo, from the manifold, then the bolts for the o2 housing, they don't seem to thread easily, it seems as if im cross threading them, but the ones to the turbo from the manifold came from the factory with the turbo, it doesnt make sense.

Does anyone know the thread sizes and bolt sizes to a big 16g evo? I'm going to look it up on google now, but if u guys have anything ;).

Thanks for the responses.

Thanks bro, i'll post updates on Sunday hopefully with this cutter i can make something work with the piping.

·
Big 16G Evo
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
**UPDATE 4/6/08**

So i searched for a pipe cutter to cut my intercooling piping, and couldn't find one that big for that cheap. I found a smaller one at home depot that wouldn't even come close to cutting my 2.5" piping.

2ndly. I installed everything this weekend (other then the intercooling piping)
Mounted the manifold to the block, the turbo to the manifold, the o2 housing to the turbo, the o2 sensor inside the o2 housing(aswell as conecting the wires from the old o2 sensor to the new one). Conected the oil feed line from the oil sandwich plate(i have a small leak here, guess i'll have to get some teflon tape and patch up some of my work here, not huge just a drop every 15 seconds or so). Connected my oil return line to my oil pan(used a braided line this is much easier for u who are trying to savec a couple bucks, just go to home depot and get a braided its so easy). Cut my coolant line to my TB and spliced in a T series or w/e u want to call it from the block to the turbo to the TB. Using 3/8" fuel line. Had a small leak, but corrected it by tightening my hose clamps. I had oil running to my turbo, and coolant running from my turbo, although i didnt have piping hooked up. I decided to fire it up. Went ahead and did so. It smoked at first, but once it burnt off that excess oil that had leaked(i tightened the fittings) it seemed to runn good. I saw the turbine inside the turbo spinning and didnt see a problem.

Now for the HARD PART?

I need to get a custom downpipe welded for me, how did you guys go about this?

I WANT to have welded intercooling piping, whats the easiest way you guys found to go about this.

Once I get a downpipe and intercooling piping. Then I gotta TUNE.

Fun.

Help is appreciated, and thanks again for all the readers and comments so far.

<3 B

1 - 20 of 43 Posts