Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 20 of 345 Posts

·
Registered
13,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

In the fall of 2008, we'll be seeing the revamped version of the six-year-old Nissan 350Z, according to the Japanese magazine Best Car. The Z has a long and storied history as Datsun/Nissan's flagship sports car and it appears that the automaker will buck industry trends by making the next-generation vehicle -- which by all accounts will be named 370Z -- both smaller and lighter.

It is rumored that one of the main modifications to the new Z is a shorter (reportedly by about 4 inches) wheelbase, which would help explain the spy photos of what looked like a scrunched up 350Z that were circulating a couple of months back. A shorter wheelbase car would also point to it being lighter as well.

Reports also indicate that a version of the 3.7-liter V-6 used from the Infiniti G37 will propel the new Z, hence the 370Z moniker. Estimated horsepower figures are ranging from 333 to 350 horsepower. Another notable change is the new look to the front and rear fascia and smooth, continuous bodylines on the car's flanks.

As for when the car will first be shown, it's been reported that it will debut at either the Paris Motor Show in early October or at November's LA auto show, most likely in a pre-production concept form. We'll find out later this year. One thing's for sure, six years on market is a long time and the Z is overdue for a redo.

- MotorTrend

·
More guns than sense
38,301 Posts
Damn, it's already been 6 years? No wonder so many people I thought were broke-ass mofos are buying used 350Z's now :lol:

·
Banned
18,282 Posts
I think the body styling looks much better than the current 350Z - which I was enver a big fan of. I'll be interested to see it this fall in person.

·
"Suck my unit"
2,927 Posts
:barf:

That looks disguisting. The rear end looks just like the Solstice :noplease:. That front air dam/grill looks like a little mouth. They need to work on the headlights and the only thing that would make that bumper work is if a huge FMIC is replaced for that grill.

·
Registered
970 Posts
looks good, and it has no door handels. It has the little slit there at the back of the door but no lines around it indicating that you pull it out. I wonder if it is push button?

·
Superbowl Bound 2015
3,034 Posts
:barf:

That looks disguisting. The rear end looks just like the Solstice :noplease:. That front air dam/grill looks like a little mouth. They need to work on the headlights and the only thing that would make that bumper work is if a huge FMIC is replaced for that grill.
I agree it looks nasty I prefer the old Z. :noway:

·
Banned
18,282 Posts
I think the piss poor color choices they show has a lot to do with why no one likes it. If the color was a graphite grey and a decent set of wheels - it would be fairly sharp.

·
More guns than sense
38,301 Posts
Guys, they're just CG artist renditions. Production vehicles rarely ever resemble their concepts overmuch.

·
"Suck my unit"
2,927 Posts
Guys, they're just CG artist renditions. Production vehicles rarely ever resemble their concepts overmuch.
True but they do resemble the car. The Prototype X concept drawings ended up looking almost identical to the Evo X.

·
Generally Bitter Admin
28,432 Posts
No wonder so many people I thought were broke-ass mofos are buying used 350Z's now :lol:
Yup. I am an OG Z owner with a build date of '02. None of these Johnny come latelys who bought an older used Z and got a sweet deal. :lol:

Anyway, I like the trend of the loss of fatass on the car, but in reality, the original 03 Zs just push above 3k pounds, (mine weighs 35lbs more than my 3G for example) versus the new ones who are sitting in the 3,500 - 3,700lb range, so unless it comes in sitting at sub 3k they are really just going to back what they started with and managed to make fatter over the years. :lol:

Anyway, I am still keeping mine, because I always wanted a Z. If you own one and actually understand and appreciate the lineage and history of the car, and the cultish following it has; unlike all the short term car flippers who bought it and unloaded it who I am almost 100% positive don't have a clue what the car is capable of, oh well, you wouldn't know what you're missing anyway. :D

1 - 20 of 345 Posts