Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
BoomGoesTheDynaMitt
Joined
·
7,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ran a search and came up with squat...

I just ran my nitrous hose from my trunk (through drain plug), under the car, and into the engine bay. Unfortunately, I couldn't seem to find a good looking path to follow for the hose. The underside of the car seemed to be powder-coated or covered with "Rhino-liner" and their were very few places to zip-tie the hose to the under-carraige. At first I was going to follow the exhaust piping back to the engine but figured that the heat from the exhaust might damage the nos hose. Then I realized that zip-tie'n the hose to the exhaust would be useless as the zip-ties would probably melt off during a long/hard drive. Are these realistic worries or am I paranoid?

Can anyone post an explaination of how they routed their hose or better yet provide a couple pix? A photo showing the location of your purge would be beneficial as well. TIA!

:nxsmile:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
251 Posts
I think a few people had followed the brake hardlines back. If not you could always route it through the inside... I would be better protected that way also....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
641 Posts
is there any chance of moisture..to cause any mildew..like another memeber said a while being routed threw the inside of the car?? I have plans for trhis set up as well...so this info will help two of us..thx guys
 

·
Kampfbereit
Joined
·
17,852 Posts
R6-Rider07 said:
is there any chance of moisture..to cause any mildew..like another memeber said a while being routed threw the inside of the car?? I have plans for trhis set up as well...so this info will help two of us..thx guys
You have to have the tank inside the car, so I don't see why it would create a problem right?
 

·
Trance Addict
Joined
·
378 Posts
R6-Rider07 said:
is there any chance of moisture..to cause any mildew..like another memeber said a while being routed threw the inside of the car?? I have plans for trhis set up as well...so this info will help two of us..thx guys
Worried about condensation on the line?
 

·
LORD WHITE CRACKER!!
Joined
·
2,967 Posts
Mine falls the fuel line under the car. Never had any problem in the 2 years it has been there.
 

·
BoomGoesTheDynaMitt
Joined
·
7,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
DGP said:
Worried about condensation on the line?
I am leary of routing it through the inside of the car as well.... another member said when the nos is activated the steel-braided hose will frost over. This will eventually warm up causing the condensation to stay inside the car (under your carpet) which would create mold.

I would prefer to have it run through the inside of the cabin but would HATE to create mold...

Following the fuel line back sounds like a plausable idea. Were you able to runn your line through the "sub-frame" or some kind of conduit under the car? I have no idea where the fuel line is located....I guess I will need to jack up the car again and break out a flashlight.

For anyone with a nitrous hose run under your car: Please post some photos!!! This would be 1000% more helpful than simply describing which path you took. Thanks for the input fellas.
 

·
BoomGoesTheDynaMitt
Joined
·
7,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Chase2000GT said:
thank god you didnt run it along your exhaust pipe. I would run it through the inside of my car.
I tried to keep the hose away from the exhaust but it actually does come close to touching it about a 1/4th of the way to the engine (i think just after the rear driver's side wheel where there is a major bend in the exhaust piping.) sounds like my fears of heat were bona fide.... I guess I will try an re-route the hose if I can find a good path to take :twitch:
 

·
LORD WHITE CRACKER!!
Joined
·
2,967 Posts
NC[Spyder]GT said:
Following the fuel line back sounds like a plausable idea. Were you able to runn your line through the "sub-frame" or some kind of conduit under the car? I have no idea where the fuel line is located....I guess I will need to jack up the car again and break out a flashlight.

For anyone with a nitrous hose run under your car: Please post some photos!!! This would be 1000% more helpful than simply describing which path you took. Thanks for the input fellas.

I will try to get some photos by thursday my car is in storage and i need to get to it.

you will see what I am talking about when you look under the passinger side.
 

·
LORD WHITE CRACKER!!
Joined
·
2,967 Posts
Tearstone said:
Oooohhh maybe that's how you blow the diamond plating floormat out from under your car! :idea:

hahahaha smart ass :fawk:
 

·
Patriot Performance
Joined
·
3,457 Posts
I have read that same post about not running it inside the car. The Nirtous lines do not sweat. I have mine ran right along side my amp wire on the inside rocker under the carpet. I have my bottle behind the passenger seat :twothumb: so the line comes out right under the rear seat. I mounted my ZEX selonoid box where the old air box used to mount so it worked out well. I would rocomend wither way of routing. Good luck!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
323 Posts
When I had my nitrous kit, I mounted it the same way that Stratus R/T did.

The only thing that you have to keep in mind though is that if you ever decide to run the car at a track, they require it to be ran on the outside. You COULD do what I always did, tell them it was, they never checked :)
 

·
Kampfbereit
Joined
·
17,852 Posts
EJC2G said:
When I had my nitrous kit, I mounted it the same way that Stratus R/T did.

The only thing that you have to keep in mind though is that if you ever decide to run the car at a track, they require it to be ran on the outside. You COULD do what I always did, tell them it was, they never checked :)
This is an interesting point of information I wasn't aware of. That is good to know.
 

·
LORD WHITE CRACKER!!
Joined
·
2,967 Posts
Yes the line must be ran out side the car to run at any good Drag strip.
 

·
Patriot Performance
Joined
·
3,457 Posts
I guess I better change that, I only thought they required a blow down pipe. I am planning on moving my bottle to the trunk anyway since i really dont use it much and it is sitting behind the drivers seat now and Cops keep checkin it out when they pull me over :ugh: .
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top