Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a quick question. I have an Edelbrock WET kit for my eclipse, and the shop i go to was having some difficulties with mounting the microprocessor switch on the throttle body. We couldnt find a way to get it in position to be hit by the throttle at WOT. Is it safe to just weld the switch on to the throttle body? or is that a bad idea, and if thats not feasible, is there anyway to use a microprocessor switch, because i just feel it would be safer? Thanks.

·
New daddy
3,352 Posts
You need to get some sort of bracket to hold the mirco switch in place. If not then you need to use an electronic throttle position switch. All it does is reads the voltage from the stock TPS switch and applies a ground to the solenoid, when the desired voltage is reached. FJO seems to have some good products (at decent prices) that integrate electronic TPS switches, window switches and progressive controllers.

http://fjoracing.com/products.php

·
turbo? unf unf!
1,972 Posts
hmm.. i'm confused ;p

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
alright thanks..well the bracket idea didnt seem to work when we were installing, because it looked like there was no spot to put a bracket, i mean im going off memory, but i think im correct? well thanks for the other idea of that fjo company...... also, whats the max shot you can use with these motors? i was thinking just going 60 shot to play it safe.

·
Patriot Performance
3,457 Posts
Micro switches are made primarly for carborated applications. You want an electronic switch that uses the throttle posistion sensor in a fuel injected situation. I think the other guys have helped steer you in the right direction so far.

·
LORD WHITE CRACKER!!
2,967 Posts
Fuck the mico switch it sucks. get a electronic switch

1 - 11 of 11 Posts