Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Generally Bitter Admin
28,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fast? Yes. Ugly? Hell yes.

Autoblog said:

Mike Levine over at Pickuptruck.com has managed to scoop a tasty nugget of info about the Pontiac-branded ute that will soon be for sale in the U.S. The Aussie-import based on the same platform as the rear-wheel-drive G8 sedan will be called the G8 ST, as in "Sport Truck".

That pang of disappointment you feel is the missed opportunity of paying homage to GM's most well known car-based pickups and their colorful names: the Chevy El Camino and GMC Caballero. Rather than dubbing Pontiac's ute the "Tamale" or "El Camino Redux", we get a measly little two-letter suffix. Sigh.

Also of note is that the pickup will only be available with a 6.0L V8 and is likely to start around $31,000.

·
54,424 Posts

·
More guns than sense
38,301 Posts
I read an article recently that said with the US dollar being so weak internationally, with current exchange rates GM can't afford to import the Commodore ute above and still sell it at a reasonable price point.

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
I read an article recently that said with the US dollar being so weak internationally, with current exchange rates GM can't afford to import the Commodore ute above and still sell it at a reasonable price point.
:ugh: That's kinda scary.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Originally GMC was going to make it then they could have called it the Caballero.. But they didnt want to make new molds for the front clip so they just had Pontiac make it.. I like it! but then again I owned a Caballero for a while and my dad has had two of them.

·
More guns than sense
38,301 Posts
You realize that in the interim Pontiac as a division was axed, as were all the Australian-sourced vehicles? GM is a completely different company nowadays.

·
Addicted
94 Posts
The new Caprice and Camaro both use the same platform from the G8. Which is Australian.

·
More guns than sense
38,301 Posts
When I say Australian-sourced, I mean the vehicles that were built in Australia and shipped here i.e. the G8 and GTO.

·
Registered
242 Posts

________________________:p________________________

Place your hand on the left side of the the (- :p -) and cover the left side of the picture., BMW?

Now the right, old s10 truck?

BM10!!!!! lol

1 - 17 of 17 Posts