Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. My issue is that my gauges or hvac knobs don't light up anymore.

Yesterday I started installing my new blue leds from superbrightleds.com.

I was following the tutorial here.

I started with the clockpod, which was easy, and works just fine.

I started to do the hvacs, but decided it was too complicated to tackle in the 10 degree weather, so i put the dash and radio back in.

Thats it.

Now my gauges don't light up, nor my hvacs. I checked all the fuses, none are blown, my light knob is turned all the way up.

I'm clueless. Any help?

And yes i searched.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i pulled out every single fuse, none are busted (am i right? u just check if the little metal in the plastic part is broken?)

·
King Shango
3,077 Posts
i pulled out every single fuse, none are busted (am i right? u just check if the little metal in the plastic part is broken?)
Yup if the teeth are broken the fuse is blown but not always the case. In the owners manual theres a fuse diagram that should help you out...

·
Premium Member
8,831 Posts
I also did the same mod with the 74's from superbrightleds.com. It wouldn’t light up for me also. I checked every fuse and all were fine. I looked at the lights themselves remembered there is a little transistor built into the bulb. The power has to go through the bulb right. So if it does not work one way turn the bulb 180 degrees the other way and put it in. It worked for me!!! Try it, trust me

wow, sorry!! didnt even read the thread. Yeah check your fuse. also check to see if you rear right passing light works. if im not mistaken its the only 7.5 amp fuse thats inside the car, not under the hood. if thats blown replace and you should be fine!

·
Premium Member
8,831 Posts
like when you turn your lights on and the rear lights up but when you press the brakes the light lights up more and stronger. What i mean is when your not pressing the brake is the light still on.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
GUYS I'M SO EXCITED!! You and I were right about the fuses, but you all forgot to mention that there were fuses in the engine compartment as well! I recalled seeing them in their when i replaced my battery. So i pulled out all the 10's (too hard to see the diagram in the dark) and one was completely fried!!

I replaced it and now the gauges work fine.

In the future, I'll remember to tell others to look at both sets of fuses lol.

You all probably assumed I was looking at both boxes.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Lol well I did, but I forgot about them. I forgive myself though, I'm new to modding.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Alright, I'm having the same problem. Checked all of the fuses under the dash, and under the hood and none are blown. Is there anything else, like a relay, that controls the lights that could be blown? I can see that the lights are on, but they are extemely dim, as if they don't have the correct voltage to them. Also, my dimmer switch still works on the HVAC and Clock pod gauges but doesn't effect the speedo gauges, so I assume that that is still working.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts