Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've checked all fuses and replaced every one of them as well I was driving one day clock and radio started flashing of and on then finally went of and didn't come back on I know about the fuses under the hood in the yellow box replaced them both have power still nothing

·
Registered
32 Posts
Ah darn, it could be a whole slew of things. It could be a bad ground - If you have a spyder it could all be rusted under the dash making a bad ground. It may be the ECU computer that is on the passenger side fire wall under the dash. There is about 3 or 4 connectors with about 40 wires that go to the ECU that could get water damage and corroded. I recently flipped a 03 spyder that the owner could not get it to start and about 8 error codes were being thrown. I got it for a deal and took a good weekend removing the dash and cleaning all the rust off the contacts, put it back together - cleared the codes and it started, found idle after about two tries starting- no check engine light and sold it for $$ a week later.

pop the side piece on the passenger side of the dash and see how it looks. You will be amazed on how ugly it gets in there.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK it's not a spider but I will check that and see so far I've taken the etacs apart and checked it all looked good and the module undetails the hood in the fuse box and it looked good as well just weird all this stuff stops working and the car won't idle with all fuses good where are the ground wires at on the passenger side I've checked all the ones under the hood and on the drivers side and behind the radio all look good

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is charging the headlights dim when you shut it off I've driven it about 1000 mile's like it is but I will have it checked

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Altenater and battery tested good I'm lost another wierd thing I noticed is if you shut the car off with the headlights on they will not shit off until you turn the key back on

·
Registered
4 Posts
did U ever get this issue figured out. I'm going through the same thing, including the idle issue. My tech says he cleaned throttle body and idle control valve and now she idles, ( I think he just erased codes) but still no radio, clock, interior lights and door locks only work with key on. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Altenater and battery tested good I'm lost another wierd thing I noticed is if you shut the car off with the headlights on they will not shit off until you turn the key back on
did U ever figure out ur issue?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts