Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Afternoon,
Well finally decided to get the 3G up and running to hand of to my son. We have been working on it for a bit and had everything working just fine. Then yesterday he was about to take it out for a practice drive and it just died on us. No dash lights, no cabin lights nothing the car is completely dead. The funny thing is that is was fine, no codes or nothing. Everything from the battery, alternator, starter you name it is new. All the fuses are good. I am thinking it might be the MFI Relay that might of caused the problem or even the ECM (I hope not for his wallet sake :lmfao: :lmfao:!) Am I on the right track or what other testing do I have to do. Thank you for all your help in the matter.

Wiz

·
Registered
3 Posts
Go under the hood fuse box location. A18 is in a more fuse box from the steering wheel it's the 2 relay. Pins 1 and run a jumper wire put the relay back in and start the car. Pins 1 and 2 are the once close to the front of the car.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Good Afternoon,
Well finally decided to get the 3G up and running to hand of to my son. We have been working on it for a bit and had everything working just fine. Then yesterday he was about to take it out for a practice drive and it just died on us. No dash lights, no cabin lights nothing the car is completely dead. The funny thing is that is was fine, no codes or nothing. Everything from the battery, alternator, starter you name it is new. All the fuses are good. I am thinking it might be the MFI Relay that might of caused the problem or even the ECM (I hope not for his wallet sake :lmfao: :lmfao:!) Am I on the right track or what other testing do I have to do. Thank you for all your help in the matter.

Wiz

·
Registered
5 Posts
Good Afternoon,

Wiz

·
Registered
5 Posts
If you need a good reference material I have the 2000-2002 repair manual with electrical diagrams etc. If you give me an e-mail address I will send it to you. It is complete and very thorough.

Bajagreg

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have the 2000-2002 repair manual (used by factory) mechanics on my computer. If you send your e-mail address, I will send it to you.

Bajagreg

·
Registered
3 Posts
Good Afternoon,

Wiz
Hi, this may sound stupid but the end of the headlight arm slipped out just a bit, hard to notice, but when I touched it and it got pushed back in everything came back on. Weird... Good luck and hope you find your problem.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts