Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys can anyone diagnose this problem that just started today every time I start my car after its been sitting It begins to crank then right before starting everything goes out all lights, the radio, guage cluster, everything like the battery is dead. Then if I wait a minute (literally) or so it cranks over and starts no problem. Now I know its not the battery its a year old and their are no signs that it is dying like dim lights etc. But it was cold here in jersey today could that be a factor. Has anyone heard of anything like this before?

Anyone think that it could be related to this:
http://www.club3g.com/forum/problem-reports/104741-battery-alternater-something-else.html

·
Suk me balls
4,973 Posts
Go have your alternator checked and make sure it's in good working condition. If the Alternator is bad, you battery can be 2 hours old, it wont get charged and give you the symptoms described.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Hey guys can anyone diagnose this problem that just started today every time I start my car after its been sitting It begins to crank then right before starting everything goes out all lights, the radio, guage cluster, everything like the battery is dead. Then if I wait a minute (literally) or so it cranks over and starts no problem. Now I know its not the battery its a year old and their are no signs that it is dying like dim lights etc. But it was cold here in jersey today could that be a factor. Has anyone heard of anything like this before?

Anyone think that it could be related to this:
http://www.club3g.com/forum/problem-reports/104741-battery-alternater-something-else.html
Your battery could still be going out on you even though it's pretty new. Have the battery load tested, the charging system checked, and the starting system checked...also, read this link and see if there's any more info you can provide that might helps us troubleshoot it for you...

http://www.club3g.com/forum/problem-reports/104059-read-before-posting-any-problem-reports.html

Go have your alternator checked and make sure it's in good working condition. If the Alternator is bad, you battery can be 2 hours old, it wont get charged and give you the symptoms described.
:scratch: I'm not sure how a bad alternator can time-warp a battery back to exactly 2 hours after it was assembled...maybe I need to start watching the sci-fi channel more often to keep up on current technology. In all seriousness though, we appreciate you trying to help out, but just make sure you give complete and correct advice...there is more to the charging system than just the alternator, so the system as a whole should be checked...also, since it appears that the problem only occurs on start-up, that system needs to be checked as well...lastly, since the average car only draws large-scale amperage during start-up, it needs to be load tested to make sure it is still up to par...:ugh2:

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey guys thanks for all your help I tried what kidney bean suggested and the battery was fine so then I decided to check the terminal as suggested in the other thread. I cleaned up the terminals and tightened everything down and viola! everything is now working better than ever including better throttle response. So hopefully everything remains good ::fingers crossed::. But yeah guys thanks again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts