Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I have a 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse 2.4L Convertible, in the last two weeks we had a rain storm that caused the amplifier to be covered with water. I started to hear a humming sound coming from the speakers even when the car is all the way off. I disconnected the amp and all the speakers and later I dried the amp and the car from inside very well and connected it back but I couldn't hear anything coming from the speakers. I checked fuses and all seem to be good. I guessed that the amp is blown and bad so I bought a brand new one. Now when I connect the new amp, I still can't hear anything, I used a test light to check if there is any power in the amp harness but there weren't. I was wondering if all the fuses are good then why the amp is not getting any power? Also when I disconnected the bad amp for the first time, I could hear music coming from the tweeters and the mid dashboard speaker, but now there's nothing at all! Is my radio also went bad? Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,967 Posts
If there's no power in the amp harness, it sounds like you haven't been able to find the right fuse yet. Or you misdiagnosed a blown fuse and thought it was good.

Somewhere between the battery / alternator and the amp you have a disconnect in the wire, just have to find it. After that, then start troubleshooting the rest.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts