Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About 5 days ago, I noticed that my Clock stopped working altogether along with my automatic mirrors and my cigarette lighters. Then, about 2 days later the power to my stereo stopped along with the lights to my rear view mirror and the automatic doors and car alarm. I have had this car for a year, the engine was totally replaced 4 months ago. The fuses were checked and they are all fine. Not sure what to do now, as I dont know much about cars, so maybe i should take it to a mechanic? The car is a 2001 Spyder GT manual, with about 220,000 miles, but only 10,000 miles on the new engine.

·
hates "smart" people
3,569 Posts
About 5 days ago, I noticed that my Clock stopped working altogether along with my automatic mirrors and my cigarette lighters. Then, about 2 days later the power to my stereo stopped along with the lights to my rear view mirror and the automatic doors and car alarm. I have had this car for a year, the engine was totally replaced 4 months ago. The fuses were checked and they are all fine. Not sure what to do now, as I dont know much about cars, so maybe i should take it to a mechanic? The car is a 2001 Spyder GT manual, with about 220,000 miles, but only 10,000 miles on the new engine.
How did you check it?

Visually inspect or it or replace it. Fuse are cheap.

Check this fuses:

cigarette lighter, mirror, clock display
Fuse 7 (blue - 15A) in Driver panel.

stereo, rear mirror, door, alarm
Fuse 5 (pink - 30A)
Fuse 10 & 14 (red - 10A) in engine fuse/relay box

·
Fuck salt.
5,170 Posts
Make sure you check fuses under the hood and in the dash with a fuse tester. Fuses may not look broken sometimes

·
Registered
12,548 Posts
Your alternator is going out. The cold weather usual sends them off, all your accessories slowly die off until the car won't run.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I checked all fuses visually and with a tester, even the one behind stereo. They were all good. If it was the alternator, wouldn't all the electronics go out? I can still put my top down, and my side mirrors still work. Just don't know.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Your alternator is going out. The cold weather usual sends them off, all your accessories slowly die off until the car won't run.
Agreed, my car has been suffering the same issues. I had previously swapped ALL fuses inside and out to the ones that light up when they burn out. None have gone off, I also tested and all were working fine. Had the battery and the alternator along with all of the wiring as well. It ended up being the alternator for me. Could be for you. You should be able to take your car to Autozone or any auto store to have them check both of those for free. That will at least help narrow it down a little further.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, alternator was checked at the autoshop and it is still good. So not the alternator or the fuses, what else can it be? Possibly a relay?

·
Registered
37 Posts
I noticed the same problem. The clock display went out just after getting my car back with a new engine. Power mirrors dont work, nor does the cigarette lighter. My passenger side window doesn't work, but that hasnt since i got it back, and i believe that's a different problem.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts