Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 01 Eclipse GT and whenever i take turns faster than i should, the back end slides out. Any ways to fix this? It never slides out far, but the only time it happens is when i am on a hilly and curvy road.

as far as i know nothing on the car is modified. So im talking bone stock.

·
Waiting to spool
3,237 Posts
Definitely check the sway bar links and rear suspension. Bald tires will do the same (like Bitter stated).

·
Registered
970 Posts
Surprising your sliding the rear end out, I have found the 3g eclipse to have more understeer than oversteer, that is untill I installed the st rear sway bar to make it a lot more neutral. Cjeck your springs/shocks, sway bar end links, etc....

·
Waiting to spool
3,237 Posts
Surprising your sliding the rear end out, I have found the 3g eclipse to have more understeer than oversteer, that is untill I installed the st rear sway bar to make it a lot more neutral. Cjeck your springs/shocks, sway bar end links, etc....
With my crappy tires on in the rear right now I can get the rear end to drift dry pavement without e-braking. This is going ~30 mph with a hard turn. I'm also lowered on Tien SS coilovers, and have some rear suspension upgrades. It's not hard to do for sure.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sorry guys, been busy all day.

As for the coils and other suspension parts i wouldnt have a clue how to test them, I'll see if i can get a buddy to look at them for me tomorrow, (just found out there is a suspension shop up the street)

As far as the tires go they are Raptor ZR 215/50 17 91W, Took the car by NTB and they said that i had alot of tread left for at least another year and a half,
For reference here is the best picture i have of the tires as of right now with out going out and taking on in the middle of the night. (MY CAR HATES JACKSTANDS but i had to put it up to retighten the bolts from the shitty tranny work that got done on it, i know the front bumper looks ugly, idk what im gonna do with it yet)

·
54,481 Posts
try lowering the rear tire pressure by 2psi and then 4psi and see if that helps any. the 3G should be nose heavy and understeer, not oversteer. make sure the front sway bar is present and the links are not broken.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Whenever you say sway bar, your talking about the black bar up and behind the intake mani? just to clarify. and i forgot all about tire pressure, i'll be sure to check that in the morning

·
54,481 Posts
no, sway bar aka stabilizer bar is under the car sort of.

what are your current tire pressures? the rears look hard to me in that photo. ideally you want to have the same contact patch on the front and rear tires.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
last time i messed with it, the front had around 30 and the back had 28, but i think valvoline might of evened it out for me with out me knowing, ill go check it real quick

·
Banned
18,282 Posts
whenever i take turns faster than i should, the back end slides out. Any ways to fix this? It never slides out far, but the only time it happens is when i am on a hilly and curvy road.
Try driving in a safe capacity as you should be on public roads rather than trying to be a fanboi ricer. If you want to drive like a jackass, go to the track and do it where you are not putting others at risk.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
lol, it might be bitter, but those are the ones that came with the car, any suggestions on what i should get come october? thans when im buying 5zigen wheels. GN+ to be exact :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.