Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Quick silver
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question, i lost my keys to my car and in order to get a key made i have to tow the car to the shop, my question is i have a automatic how can i get the car in N without a key to tow it out the garage??

·
54,338 Posts
automatic i'll assume...and hope :lol:

with the right wiring diagrams you should be able to figure out how to jump the shift interlock or there should be a hidden button somewhere to unlock it.

·
Registered
101 Posts
You don't have to have it towed. Call the dealership and give them your VIN and they can cut you a new key, it's gonna cost ya, but prob cheaper than towing then having a key made.

·
Banned
18,282 Posts
If they're towing an Eclipse, they will lift the front and have it roll on the back wheels. If it's in gear/park - that doesn't matter, since those tires will be elevated off the ground.

If they put it on a flatbed, they will just drag it up.

If you call the dealership, you can get a new key cut based on the VIN and proof of ownership.

So - where is the issue?

·
Registered
368 Posts
if your not locked out of your car then take the plastic cover off from behind the steering wheel. then underneath the dash feel for a cable that moves when you push the button on your shift knob. follow that cable to the ignition and unhook it. it should move into neutral then. hope it helps

·
----------------
196 Posts
It you get it towed, most insurance companies will provide a free tow within a certain distance. That is if you have insurance of course...

·
Quick silver
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i have already called the dealership and they want $135 just for a key to open the doors but not to turn it on, they told me in order to make a chip key i would have to tow my car to the dealership so they can get the chip From the obdII for $220+, but at my local shop where i get my paint job he has a friend that only goes to shops and makes keys wit the chip for $80 he told me all i have to do is tow the car to the shop, but my car is head in parked in the garage, i guess they would have to drag it out in park, in a flat bed?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Pop the hood and disconnect the cable from your neautal relay turn the black leaver to the right two notches..prnd..park, reverse, neautal, drive..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts