Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting a NX wet kit installed Tuesday. I have my SAFC tuned to a 13.5 AF ratio. I have a DP, intake, and exhaust. I have leaned it out a decent amount with the SAFC. My questions are....What AF ratio do eclipes run stock at full throttle? Am I running leaner than a stock eclipse? Will I have to 0 out the settings on the SAFC so I don't run too lean? Will it change anything if im shooting the 35hp or 50hp shot? I have a uego wideband, so I will figure this out soon enough, but I would like to know what I am getting into.

Thanks!

·
New daddy
3,352 Posts
If you have a the SAFC II, you could use the 2nd map for when you are using N20. Otherwise, it would be best to 0 out the corrections or even add some more fuel. Then start with the 35 hp shot, log your A/F ratio, log timing, and make adjustments with the SAFC as you see needed. You should run pretty rich when using N2O to prevent dentonation or excessive heat build up in the pistons. Use the information you have gathered with the 35 shot will guide you when you step up to the 50 shot or further. Just make sure that you keep on top of things to make sure everything is running properly, such as your A/F ratio, timing, spark plugs, EGT and ect.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts