Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have an 03 GTS (pre-owned) with aftermarket exhaust headers and due to this i am missing an O2 sensor, I think its the one that would be for the cat. I know i have the 1st 2 sensors on the manafold but i might be missing the other 2.

What i am interested in knowing is:
can/should i use O2 simulators to make up for the missing ones?
Where do i purchase O2 simulators?
and of course... installation.. are they easy to install/how to install?

im pretty sure this is whats installed on it and the last cat i know has a cap on it.

http://www.tunersports.com/images/products/1327665242-8272010_105849_8677_MR-SSH-ME00V6.jpg

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i found this site by looking on google. i ask because i dont know. that site has 3000GT all over it, are they the same simulators for the eclipse?

·
Registered
12,548 Posts
o2 sensors are largely the same. Bosche makes almost every OEM Mitsubishi o2 sensor ever. Might even be every, the difference is in the length of wire you get and the type of plug at the end of the harness.

That said if you got the dual from 3sx and wire it up you should be good to go. You only need a feed off one sensor so you can leave one of them deleted. The nice thing about that simulator is it isn't a repeating signal pattern since it doesn't take a live feed so even the picky shops can't nail you for a sim. There are other simulators out there for cheaper and more expensive, you just gotta look and decide what fits your money and personal employment budgets.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks!

i live in florida so i dont have to worry about inspections yet, but im more worried about it running rich.

·
Registered
12,548 Posts
Missing rear o2's effects nothing. They contribute only to the emissions check. The front ones are imperative, they control fueling. You can run without the rears all day if you don't care about the light.

·
Registered
41 Posts
i this is an old thread but every one gets called out for not searching but anyway im about to order some o2 sensors off ebay and i want to know if the wires on the front and back are the same length e.g. if i want to relace both for what ever reason i can just order 2 and not have any prob.?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts