Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 20 of 531 Posts

·
Take Dat Wit CHU!!!!
12,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Occupy Wall Street | NYC Protest for American Revolution

Occupy Wall Street is leaderless resistance movement with people of many colors, genders and political persuasions. The one thing we all have in common is that We Are The 99% that will no longer tolerate the greed and corruption of the 1%. We are using the revolutionary Arab Spring tactic to achieve our ends and encourage the use of nonviolence to maximize the safety of all participants.
they are doing something similar in dallas this weekend. supposed to block the federal reserve building... bunch of white kids who need to quit smoking the pot and get jobs. /oldman :lol:

·
Take Dat Wit CHU!!!!
12,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
They are upset at the wrong people. The businesses are doing what they do. Making money. The people can choose not to do business with them. protesting them will change nothing. They only way they can be hurt is by a loss of income. Vote with your wallet.

The Government is the one they should choose to be angry at. Where were these people in 2008 when the crisis started? There is a reason why they are doing this now. They see what happened in Egypt and Libya and think that it is a good idea. Nothing will change. They are also being pushed towards it by our president. Partially by telling them to rise up. We all know that he is anti rich.

And they are NOT peaceful. Just by resisting to leave, they are belligerent.

·
Premium Member
825 Posts
We have a big group of these kids in Boston as well; I don't fundamentally disagree with the general movement that they seem to be subscribing to, but really do not understand what 'plight' most of these 19 year-olds are really able to cite and lay claim to. None of them have ever paid taxes or had mortgages, so I'm not exactly sure what they are really complaining about.

One kid was blabbing on the news about how he 'went to college and worked hard and now was entitled to get a job but couldn't find one'. That word and this generation just kills me. You are entitled to the opportunity to EARN whatever you want. Nothing more. Get over your mommy and daddy coddling you; the sooner the better.

Bottom line is, I'm getting harassed on my way to and from work every morning because I wear a suit and tie---- therefore I am a rich executive (which I'm not), and it's annoying.

Friggin hipsters.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Seriously?

I hate these fucking assholes who think they are going to protest because some people make more money than them, and are successful.

Don't like it? Go to college, get a fucking job that doesn't entail wearing, making, or selling hemp clothing, and make your own fucking money.

·
New Rider
13,698 Posts

·
New Rider
13,698 Posts
Occupy Wall Street, Powered by Big Labor

"[UPDATE: On Wednesday, several more national unions officially endorsed the Occupy Wall Street protests, including the AFL-CIO, SEIU, and the Teamsters.]

In late September, major labor unions mostly watched from the sidelines as the Occupy Wall Street protests grew from a ragtag band of diehards camping in a park into a fledgling movement grabbing national headlines and sparking similar protests around the country. Now, Big Labor is going to work: endorsing the protests, offering manpower and resources, and helping stage a major march in New York City's financial district on Wednesday. They are adding organizing muscle, fresh energy, and greater numbers to the boisterous demonstrations that began in downtown Manhattan more than two weeks ago......"

·
Boom
3,411 Posts
Seriously?

I hate these fucking assholes who think they are going to protest because some people make more money than them, and are successful.

Don't like it? Go to college, get a fucking job that doesn't entail wearing, making, or selling hemp clothing, and make your own fucking money.
Part of what they are protesting is that a college education is is becoming so expensive that people can't even afford to go. Or even if they do spend the money on it they graduate only to be left without a job in their field of study.

·
Boom
3,411 Posts
I personally am happy that people are finally out there doing something like this even if the message they are giving may not be that clearly defined. I think it just goes more toward the point that the working class in this country are getting sick and tired of having to pick up the slack in regards to the financial ruin we're in while those who made the problem in the first place just keep stuffing their pockets.

·
passport applied for
2,437 Posts
I personally am happy that people are finally out there doing something like this even if the message they are giving may not be that clearly defined. I think it just goes more toward the point that the working class in this country are getting sick and tired of having to pick up the slack in regards to the financial ruin we're in while those who made the problem in the first place just keep stuffing their pockets.
Agreed but they should be in front of the white house, that's where all the idiots are.

·
Engineer/Realist
4,999 Posts
yea, its a DAM good thing i dont live over there. if that asshole talked to me like that, while im talking calmly, i would knock him the fuck out! its one thing to have passion, but to degrade someone by calling them a "jew", as son as he put his face in mine, it would have been a quick 1, 2, 3, and he is out.

these are the types of kids who didnt get an ass whooping growning up. i bet $10 he was the type of kid that was put in "time out" growing up :lol:

still, let some POS talk to MY grand father like that.... i would be in jail :blowup:

·
Take Dat Wit CHU!!!!
12,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
thats the thing... these kids arent the "working class"

·
New Rider
13,698 Posts
OccupyWallStreet’s Modest Proposal: Seize Workplaces, Classrooms and Empty Buildings

"On September 17th, the first day of “OccupyWallStreet” the organization posted a call for revolution on its website. Among its “action items”:

And so we call on people to act

We call for protests to remain active in the cities. Those already there, to grow, to organize, to raise consciousnesses, for those cities where there are no protests, for protests to organize and disrupt the system.

We call for workers to not only strike, but seize their workplaces collectively, and to organize them democratically. We call for students and teachers to act together, to teach democracy, not merely the teachers to the students, but the students to the teachers. To seize the classrooms and free minds together.

We call for the unemployed to volunteer, to learn, to teach, to use what skills they have to support themselves as part of the revolting people as a community.

We call for the organization of people’s assemblies in every city, every public square, every township.

We call for the seizure and use of abandoned buildings, of abandoned land, of every property seized and abandoned by speculators, for the people, for every group that will organize them.

We call for a revolution of the mind as well as the body politic.

Read the whole thing here. Again, remember this when the media tells you how mainstream and utterly reasonable these people are...."

http://biggovernment.com/publius/2011/10/06/occupywallstreets-modest-proposal-seize-workplaces-classrooms-and-empty-buildings/

1 - 20 of 531 Posts