Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 20 of 174 Posts

·
31,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

McCormick Place
2301 S Lake Shore Dr,
Chicago, IL 60616

Still one of the best Auto Shows you can attend.... In a City that is just as spectacular!

February 8th-10th - 2013 Chicago Auto Show Meet

Tamera and I are leaving here by train on Friday morning around 8 AM EST and getting into Chicago around 12 PM Chicago time, Friday night dinner & or Drinks for those who are die hards and want to meet up early..

I'm not filling the weekend with a huge ass schedule, but a nice fun weekend to see some new cars, hang out with good friends, have a drink or 2 and come back to a city that I love so dear!

Hotel - We will be staying downtown again this year at the Chicago Hyatt Regency

I booked off of Hotels.com for those of you who might be interested in hanging out for some after party fun. They have a deal running right now for winter for $111.00 per night, which is the cheapest price I found on any hotel in Chicago. So if you are thinking of staying, that would be a good deal... again on Hotels.com

Friday Night / Saturday -

* Friday / Friday Night events are as follow or fly by night; as we will be arriving into town again around noon time and will be heading to the hotel to settle in and unpack. Later evening we will be heading over to DMK Burger Bar (2954 North Sheffield Avenue) for dinner/burgers and drinks. If you plan on coming in early to hang out, get a hold of me and we will put for the plans.

*Heading to the Show Saturday at 1:00 PM after breakfast (Ada's Famous Deli). If you are planning on meeting up with us for breakfast we will be meeting at our Hotel around 10:00AM to then head out. There is a parking garage off of 205 E. Randolph St (Exelon Pavilion/Harris Theater), which is not far from the hotel and is a perfect place to park if parking at the McCormick Place ($20.00 parking if I remember correct) isn't an option for you. After breakfast we will be taking "the L" (unless you drive to the McCormick Place) to the show.

Probably going to spend a few hours at the show and then head out to dinner at the Rock Bottom Brewery...
Rock Bottom Brewery

1 West Grand Ave.
Chicago, IL 60654

Note - I will be calling and making a reservation for our group once I complete a head count at the show. If you are driving separately then you might want to take down the address above. As of Right Now, Times for Dinner is 6:30/7:00 PM, and the Manager has us set up in a section of the Brew/Bar area for 15-20 people. I will be calling R/B again at the show around 2:30/3 PM to finalize our time and head count, so if you plan on going to dinner don't leave before the plan/head count is laid out; you have been warned! If you have any questions, PM me and or ask for my number, I will be checking the board everyday until we leave for the show Saturday morning, so if you need anything PM me.

I guess our Fav bartender from last year will have to miss us. :(

:boink:

Sunday (for those of you who are close) we will probably meet up at a local breakfast house to have our famous "Fair well Breakfast"...

Thread....as always... will be updated as the event draws closer, but this is a pretty fair outline of what the weekend will hold. Everyone is welcome to come and hang out, but no one is expected. Please post up if you feel this is something you would like to do and I will add you to the list. :)

Attending Auto Show

1. Iceman99turbo & Momma Bear : - Hotel Booked
2. Loco : - Hotel Booked
3. Special_K & blkshdw +1 :
4. lucien +1 :
5. thrasherht :
6. drunkoffjuic & Stephine88
7. 3gEclipse86 : - Hotel Booked
8. mk3rider +1 : - Hotel Booked
9. 01eclipseguy : -
10. Chaos22 +1 : -
11. OkeDoke23 +1 : -
12. StreetLegal : -
13. Blue0588 : -
14. Alsouqi : -
15. Eclipse117 :
16. r2swift +1 :
17. sararose +1 :
18. Bitter +1 : Dinner/Sat

** This will be a car related club event, so club attire is encouraged, but not required for the event. I will have my patch shirt on Sat.

·
N my Flippy Floppies
16,710 Posts
I know Tara and I want to come out and see Eric/Lindsey's new house and go to this autoshow, but it will depend on if I go to senior reactor operator class and if we go for a weeks vacation to Cali in early Feb. Put us down as maybe's.

·
31,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
List has been updated as of right now. I am looking at tickets again tonight to double check for our train ride; Raj I know I have to keep you in mind for this as well.

Loco, get with me on this other bar for Friday night, and I will see how busy Chippy is and see what him and Krissie have to say. Still waiting on word from Mike and Dave.

I know Tara and I want to come out and see Eric/Lindsey's new house and go to this autoshow, but it will depend on if I go to senior reactor operator class and if we go for a weeks vacation to Cali in early Feb. Put us down as maybe's.
You got it bud. :yesway:

I'll be there for sure. Not positive on if Courtney and I will be staying the night or not.
Ok sounds good man, let me know because it is a really nice hotel if you do.

Tell Jeremy to add you to the list!
:agreed:

wish i could go......i had to settle on going to the LA Auto Show without anyone
Wish you guys could too man, miss the family like crazy. Hope all is well in Cali. :wub:

·
Aple juic is my beer
8,831 Posts
Linz And I may be able to make it. put us down for a maybe.

·
Popcorn and Coconut!
150 Posts
I no longer work the weekends so I will be able to come this year! I'll be coming with my boyfriend, Adam. Can't wait to see you guys!!

·
The Ghost
717 Posts
This was always a fun event for the 2 years I was able to attend, but unfortunately this will be my second year in a row being left unable to make it. See you guys at MOD in September!

·
31,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Did anyone else happen to check out hotels and dee if the deal is still goin on, ot if anyone else booked?

1 - 20 of 174 Posts