Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 20 of 629 Posts

·
Boosted
3,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Okay the time is approaching. Unless Santa shits a miracle, there probably wont ever be 2000 ECU support from ECUflash.

I am trying to recruit as much info as possible to pull off this swap as painless as possible. Unfortunatly the nearest Mitsu dealer nearby my hometown is 106miles out. Therefore I need to figure out what I can.

www.car-parts.com will be used for the parts source. I'm going to shoot for a 2002 GT ECU & Immobilizer since that will guarentee ECUflash compatibility.

Sources: PDF Versions of Mitsubishi Service Manuals (2000-2002, 2003)

2000-2002 3.0L ECU vs 2003 3.0L ECU
Terminal Voltage Pinout Comparison

2000-2002 3.0L ECU vs 2003 3.0L ECU
Resistance Pinout Comparison

ECU Differences:
The 2003 GT(S) ECU contain extra circuits for variable intake (GTS only ECU) and Fuel Temperature Circuit.
The 2000-2002 ECU contain an extra circuit for spark. see below for ignition diagram.

·
Ah yes...
10,964 Posts
The only change to the pin-outs was in the 2003+ models where an extra ground was added.

I am pretty sure ECU & Immobilizer and have the key's cut for it :dunno:

·
Resident Asshole
5,940 Posts
The connectors are all the same across all model years. The only difference is in pin locations and not the actual connector. Even the GTS model shares the exact same connector. In reality the only thing the GTS adds over the GT is one wire to the variable induction control solenoid. Not all pin locations are used in the connectors.

·
Boosted
3,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The connectors are all the same across all model years. The only difference is in pin locations and not the actual connector. Even the GTS model shares the exact same connector. In reality the only thing the GTS adds over the GT is one wire to the variable induction control solenoid. Not all pin locations are used in the connectors.
i just spent 20 min posting up the pinouts. they are identical. refresh and check above.

·
stupid booster
7,219 Posts
man the more i look at the emange wiring guild it sorta sucks. The emange intercepts the airflow signal then transfers a airflow signal to the ecu. Altering the signal sucks compaired to adjusting for the actual airflow reading.

Whats your plan to make the stock ecu to read and adjust for boost?

1 - 20 of 629 Posts