Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

581 - 600 of 629 Posts

·
Registered
738 Posts
It sounds like the drivers are not installed or they're not installed correctly. At this point there's no need to test this out while connected to the car. Uninstall ecuflash, connect the cable, open up device manager (start, right click computer, manage, device manager), expand ports, if you see openport right click and uninstall it, unplug cable, install ecuflash, connect cable, allow it to install the openport drivers, connect vehicle, read from ecu. Good luck.

·
Corner Carver
1,297 Posts
Dammit, still no joy. Initially, the drivers did not appear to be installed correctly. So I uninstalled, then went and got the J2534 drivers off the Tactrix page. That all worked correctly when I look under device managers, but ECUflash still says "No vehicle interface". I am going to give it a shot on my old laptop that runs XP. It is slow, but it works. Vista on my new laptop really is a piece of shit. :(

·
Registered
261 Posts
ok i read this thread about 4-5 times and i still cant find the answer im looking for, dont bash me about this but i need the help bad because my 3g is the only car i got right now to take my wife and kids to school in. but anyway, i have a 2000 gt fed spec im going to get a 03 gt ecu and a 01 immobilizer from shinestreet3g i have the original key. now do i flash a 01 rom onto the 03 to match the immob. and just get the key to sync? or what else is needed to get this crap to start...i need help..

·
Registered
886 Posts
ok i read this thread about 4-5 times and i still cant find the answer im looking for, dont bash me about this but i need the help bad because my 3g is the only car i got right now to take my wife and kids to school in. but anyway, i have a 2000 gt fed spec im going to get a 03 gt ecu and a 01 immobilizer from shinestreet3g i have the original key. now do i flash a 01 rom onto the 03 to match the immob. and just get the key to sync? or what else is needed to get this crap to start...i need help..
first of all why are you swapping your ECU? if it is for flash capability you can flash the 2000's now without swapping ECU. If your swapping for MORE tuning options then just make things simple and do what I did. Swap in a 01 stratus ecu and flash a 01 gt rom with immobilizer deleted and there ya go.

·
Registered
261 Posts
well i tried to hook up a fed spec from Shinestreet3g and flash it but for some reason ecuflash doesnt allow me to flash it even with the 2.0 cable idk what was up with that so i just hit him up for a 03 ecu but he said he got an 01 immobilizer too. But since he's gonna get me a 03 gt ecu will i be able to flash it to have it compatible with a 01 immob?..oh im swapping my ecu out because its starting to take shit and not read correctly because its giving me hella codes so my car is running like crap.

·
Corner Carver
1,297 Posts
Dammit, still no joy. Initially, the drivers did not appear to be installed correctly. So I uninstalled, then went and got the J2534 drivers off the Tactrix page. That all worked correctly when I look under device managers, but ECUflash still says "No vehicle interface". I am going to give it a shot on my old laptop that runs XP. It is slow, but it works. Vista on my new laptop really is a piece of shit. :(

Success! Using my old laptop with XP, I was able to read the ROM. I have a 2000 fed-spec GT with a manual tranny. It looks like my ROM ID is 21810022.

·
Registered
261 Posts
first of all why are you swapping your ECU? if it is for flash capability you can flash the 2000's now without swapping ECU. If your swapping for MORE tuning options then just make things simple and do what I did. Swap in a 01 stratus ecu and flash a 01 gt rom with immobilizer deleted and there ya go.
ok so what if i grabbed a 01 spyder ecu? because i know theres a difference in the 03 ecus but from what i will be getting is a 03 ecu and a 01 immob. will either way workout for me? im pretty sure it will but which combo would be the best one?..

·
Corner Carver
1,297 Posts
Can anyone give me the .xml file for the 21810022 ROM with the periphery and MUT tables? The file Kobalt posted at #488 seems to be corrupt, and the one Gatecrasher posted at #518 doesn't seem to exist.

Thanks

·
Registered
738 Posts
Can anyone give me the .xml file for the 21810022 ROM with the periphery and MUT tables? The file Kobalt posted at #488 seems to be corrupt, and the one Gatecrasher posted at #518 doesn't seem to exist.

Thanks
That file works fine for me but here's a newer one I've been working on defining some more.

Attachments

·
Corner Carver
1,297 Posts
"The compressed file is invalid or corrupt"

·
Registered
738 Posts
"The compressed file is invalid or corrupt"
I suggest you go download a different unzip application. If you want to pay for it (or pirate it) winrar is great, otherwise get 7zip it's free.

·
Registered
305 Posts
hey guys i was hoping someone could make me a definition file for my 00 galant? i would really appreciate it.

i recently purchased a 2.0 cable since it has been confirmed that it does in fact work with the 00 ecu. i was able to read and write to my stock ecu but obviously cant edit anything without the definition. i am really looking forward to getting started and have been trying to do as much research as i can.

thanks, here is a copy of my rom to be defined

Attachments

·
Registered
305 Posts
i got it, after reading the thread again i figured out how to get the basic tables myself.

i am a bit confused on the periphery bits however, i tried copy / pasting the periphery table as i took it from gatecrashers post but ecu flash froze when i tried to load my rom. could someone explain a little more clearly how to get the periphery bits to show up on my table, in particular what i need to copy more precisely from one of ceddy's definitions

·
Registered
7 Posts
2000 GT Cali Spec

Hey guys, I was about to buy emanage then I heard I can get a flash. I see a bunch of 2000 Fed Spec with the flash, can cali get a flash too? If so, what all do I need. Thanks!

·
Registered
270 Posts
need some help with ecuflash. we are trying to flash my 2000 fed spec 5spd with the tactrix 2.0. we read from my ecu the first time i tried but then when the tune was ready ecuflash started pulling up a J2534 error. when that happens ecuflash freezes up and wont respond to anything so i have to close it all the way out. well we thought my version of ecuflash might have been bad so i uninstalled it and installed it again. now i cant even read from the ecu and it still pulls up this same error. any help would be greatly appreciated

·
TxTuning.com
6,804 Posts
For the 00 ECUs we have two definition files. 21810021 & 21810022. Can I get a confirmation that --21 (<memmodel>H8539F</memmodel>) is for the mh7202F, and --22 (<memmodel>H8539FA</memmodel>) is for the mh7203FA processors?

·
Registered
261 Posts
i got a 2.0 cable to pull up my 2000 ecu but its the unflashable 7203 now i have a 03 gt ecu flashed with a 01 rom on it and I want to know what is the hex code or way to delete the immobilizer completely from the ecu because I cannot start my car it took away the problem that i had first hand with the new ecu in (no ses codes) but now i cannot start it. I need a confirmed hex code that will delete the immobilizer so that i can drive my car. Please help man..

·
Registered
261 Posts
Yup, ive done that same thing. 0x.... when i enter it. The car just cranks, wont turn over. I tried other codes. The car just cranks, where else am i missing here.

581 - 600 of 629 Posts