Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

Official MTOD 2011 Cabin/Hotel Thread

16K views 147 replies 25 participants last post by  ICEMAN99TURBO 
#1 ·

Ok here is the cabin/lodging deal for MTOD 2011. There is a grouping of cabins thru ERA in the Smokies that people can choose from. These 7 cabins are all in walking distance to each other, so we can all be close.

The road up to each cabin is paved, so no worries there.

The deal is this, get a group of people together amongst yourselves and rent one of the 7 cabins. Ill be renting a cabin for myself and 9 people and I expect others to do the same.

If you don't know anyone, please PM me and we will try to work something out.

Check out the link below, Ill be renting my cabin by the end of the week, and everyone should try to get there cabin rented by mid-April, otherwise you'll have to try to find other accommodations.

*NOTE* There is a 6 night stay minimum because summer is the busy season*

This is the list of the cabins to choose from:

If you have a group you want to stay with, rent one of those 7 cabins for your group. You'll be right next to a cabin I will be in but you'll have your own room/place to stay. If you cant decide on a cabin or if you wait to long, then you can find other accommodations.

Gatlinburg Reunion, Retreat, and Large Group Cabin Rentals, Chalets, Condos Gatlinburg Tennessee

Now if you don't want to rent a cabin, you can stay at one of many hotels in the area. I will leave this open, but in my many times there the best place to stay for the money, accommodations and location is The Greystone Lodge. Here is a link:

Greystone Lodge at Ripley's Aquarium | Gatlinburg TN Vacation Rentals, Gatlinburg Downtown Lodging, Smoky Mountain Vacation Rentals, Motels in Gatlinburg, TN and Pigeon Forge Tennessee

List of Cabins Rented:

Cabin #1:
Special_K's Cabin 'Starry Night'
Whos staying in this cabin:
1. Special_K - Kevin - Club3g
2. blkshdw03 - Tara - Club3g
3. drunkoffjuic +1 - Eric & Lindsay - Club3g
4. froubaby +1 - Liz & Vlad - Club3g
5. Tearstone +2 - Russ, Bobbie & Daughter - Club3g
FULL

Cabin #2:
ICEMAN99TURBO's Cabin 'Mountain Serenity'
Whos staying in this cabin:
1. ICEMAN99TURBO - Jeremy + 1 - Club3g (Paid in Full)
2. Chaos22 - Kevin - Club3g (Deposit)
3. OkeDoke23 - Alicia - Club3g (Deposit)
4. 3gEclipse86 - Mike +1 - Club3g (Paid in Full)
5. finesse49ers - Charles - Club3g (Paid in Full)
6. Chippy - Steve - Club3g (Deposit)
7. StreetLegal - Ben - Club3g (Paid in Full)
8. HaZal2d0uS - David - Club3g (Paid in Full)
9. Centurin - Anthony - Club3g (Paid in Full)
10. Jane_Blaze - Terri +1 - Club3g (Paid in Full)
11. kabob - Shihab - Club3g (Paid in Full)
12. Kaos' Spyder - Rick +1 - Club3g (Paid in Full)
Vacancy

List of Hotel Rooms Rented:

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
Assuming that Chad/05eclipse05 is renting Starry Nights again this year I'll be staying there again with him and hopefully the same people that were there last year.

I just talked to Chad and it's confirmed he will be renting Starry Nights again this year. I'm claiming the same room I had last year. :p

#16 ·
Sorry We stole your guys cabin. Several of us are bringing our furry friends this year and that was one of the few cabins offered that was both pet friendly and big enough to hold us all for the week. :wub: You guys can have the cabin we had last year. Bigger and its got a pool.

#9 ·
:rant2: Damn, alright I'll let Chad know.

#10 ·
Just out of curiosity if I am reading this right for the pricing. I just clicked on the Sapphire Smoke cabin. It says for 5-6 people it is 229 per night and 12.50 per additional person. Just using 10 to get a nice number that is $279/night for 10 people. At 4 nights that is roughly $1100 which divided amongst 10 people is only $110 per person for all 4 nights? Am I completely wrong on this or is that all it is going to cost for the cabins? Granted I've never really done anything using this many people in one spot. I'm just curious.

#14 ·
#19 ·
Kev... thanks for the back stab man... :rant2:. No real hard feelings though, i just wish you would have called or told me at the least. Now i was going to look into the cabin right next to your's which is for the most part identical to stary nights, but we have a problem. You need to update your OP as well.

I called ERA, and all 3 or more bedroom cabins require a 6 night stay, and the 7th day is free. This completely screws up my plans. The reason it's 6, and not 4 like last year, is due to it being July.

Street legal, re-do your math as well. Any cabin you listed with 3 or 3+ bedrooms need to be six nights minimum.

#21 ·
Shat, didnt know ERA was like that in the July. You can look for other cabins outside of ERA if you want, feel free.

#20 · (Edited)
Those ERA ones are some of the more expensive cabins in the area, but they are all close together. There are much better deals to be had on VRBO.com, but there's no guarantee that you'll be close to anyone else. You can, however, group the rentals on VRBO by community. Closest to Gatlinburg is Chalet Village and there are hundreds available in that area.

I had this one Private Homes, Stoplight 9 Vacation Rental - VRBO 42520 - 3 BR Gatlinburg Chalet in TN, Winfield House - Chalet Within Walking Distance of Downtown in particular in mind last time we went to stay in Gatlinburg, but it was already booked. I live in Knoxville so we go up there a couple times a year and rent a place, so if anyone needs any additional help or recommendations on which area to stay just shoot me a PM.

edit: If there were 45 people in one place, this is an option The Gatlinburg Castle - :ndance:

#24 ·
^ I sent you a pm.

#26 ·
Hey Kevin, clear this up for me if you can...

Last year's event was from Friday May 28th-Sunday May 30th. We arrived on Thursday May 27th in the afternoon/evening and stayed that night and left on Monday May 31st for a total stay of 4 nights.

This year's event is from Wednesday July 20th-Sunday July 24th. So I'm assuming that we arrive on Tuesday July 19th that afternoon/evening spending a night and will have to leave no later than Monday July 25th for a total of 6 nights correct? Reason for asking is Chad and I are trying to clarify how many nights we have because if I calculated right we meet the 6 night minimum and have nothing to worry about.

#28 ·
Okay, Brittany and I have been searching since this afternoon for Cabins that will fit my crew. My crew this year is 14 people. This isn't SET in stone yet until i get the OK from a couple that are having a newborn a month before the meet. If they go, i'm full and maxed out at 14. I didn't expect it to be this large.. but hey, it's all close friends i know personally and are relaxed - so it's ok.

I found cabins outside the ERA that fit my 4 night time frame, and bed requirements everyone wanted. Once i get the OK, and money, i'll reserve it.

Charles, i don't plan on going over 4 nights. My budget won't allow it, neither would my work really. I just want to repeat what last year was like.

#29 ·
4 nights is cool with me Chad :cool2:. As long as we all have the time and a place to stay I'm good to go :D. Once you reserve it you know my payment is there. Last year was great, I'm ready for the sequel. ;)

#33 ·
You'll still look good going down the road.

#41 ·
I will be booking a cabin for this year's meet as well. I am wondering as to who will be interested in staying at, so as I can plan for the number of people that will attend.

If you are interested, PM me back with the number of people that would like a place to sleep, and let me know if you are willing to put down a "Down Payment" to get the cabin reserved. I have a few in mind but the cabin and location will be determined on the number of people.

I need serious people, so I can figure a down payment cost.

#43 ·
:wub::wavey:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.